P. regalis bite

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well I never got the actual report from him, but the symptoms lasted a couple of weeks and then went away. He still picks up pedes and scorps when he goes out collecting, but says he will not be sticking his hands in the regalis cage again. It apparently made a lasting impression on him.

Botar

Greg Wolfe

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Regalis bite...

Wow... I have an adult female p. regalis and can't imagine getting nailed by her. I use the deli container method to transfer any questionable T's.
In my 26 years of keeping T's I have never been bit and want to keep it that way. If I do get nailed I would assume it is from carelessness or not paying attention. Knock on wood... ;P :D

Mr Ed

Arachnobaron
If I get nailed by a T with a bad bite, I'll be giving myself 25 mg benadryl IM with a little motrin or whatever and ice to the area off and on for the first 24 hrs. Oh and as far as having the lost P.s in the house, all I have to say is that's gotta suck. I'd be scared to roll over in my sleep...

8+)

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I'm thinking I read in "Forum" magazine that a shot of potassium ?sulfate? would end the muscle spasms. Well, it was some kind of potassium> :rolleyes:
Calcium gluconate is often given to Widow bite victims.

Edit: Oops the noob got suckered into replying! :8o

jr47

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'm thinking I read in "Forum" magazine that a shot of potassium ?sulfate? would end the muscle spasms. Well, it was some kind of potassium> :rolleyes:
potassium is great for relief of mucle spasms. low potassium can atcually cause muscle spasms. not sure it would help with a bite but it couldnt hurt. i think for me some good muscle relaxers would be first choice.

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
potassium is great for relief of mucle spasms. low potassium can atcually cause muscle spasms. not sure it would help with a bite but it couldnt hurt. i think for me some good muscle relaxers would be first choice.
Actually, I used them with great results when I experienced the P. murinus bite. I would definitely recommend that anyone getting a "hot" bite ask their attending physician for them.

phil jones

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
is it me but i find this all a bit odd as the BITE was a long time a go so i am a bit :? :? :confused: :confused: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: +++ phil

joes2828

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I would have to say that the interactions with the pain killer would depend on how exactly it killed the pain. For example: There are tons of ppl that get migraines. Due to migraines being caused by differ things in differ ppl, then only random, if any, medications will work.
My friend gets very bad migraines. She cant sleep, eat, move.... she cries in pain. She has tried everything to get them to go away. She did finally find a med that worked every time. She will cut a Methylenedioxymethamphetamine tablet into 4ths. She will take 1/4 of it and the migraine goes away. That medication releases high amounts of serotonin in the brain. This regulates regulation of mood, heart-rate, sleep, appetite, pain and other things. (according to dancesafe.com) This med has a very low interaction rate due to it being soaked into the stomach lineing and only releases "feel good" neurotransmitter. But of course any med that makes great strides in the theraputic world will be illegal. :embarrassed:
Basically all I am saying is that it depends on exactly what the venom does to ur body. When that info is aquired, then u can make strides toward the right pain killer or muscle relaxer to ingest.
Methylenedioxymethamphetamine is Ecstasy

maitre

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Wow. This is the 3rd time this thread was revived. *clap clap*

MustaLiukkari

Arachnopeon
Today my P.regalis almost bite me! An big adrenaline rush! (moved adult terrarium)
Im not sure if a little mark is from another fang and its red around it.. Well its so small so if i had poison, its very little.
And Im not feeling best cause i have had lot of bistles on me, looks like i have chicken pox! :biggrin:

Take time to be carefull so you gonna be less..

k2power

Arachnoknight
I think someone should save the thread and bring it back on Groundhog Day. Seems fitting.