P.muticus arrival :) !!!

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
So, for a few weeks now i have been eyeing this P.muticus sling on a Dutch keeper message. Should I, or should I not...
Well, I decided to go for it. It's 3cm unsexed, I am hoping for a Queen of course, and will refer to it as she, for wishful thinking. She'll be arriving Thursday :):):) This also will be my first OW...which I said I would never keep :D
@Chris LXXIX

Moonohol

Two Legged Freak
Congrats! Looks like @Chris LXXIX 's proselytizing for the Queen has been working... everyone and their mother is getting a P. muticus now! I suspect I may be next to join this club...

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Brava, Andrea82! :)

I'm praying for a pink "ribbon" of course!

Long live the Goddess, a worldwide legacy :kiss:

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
You're getting a sling... good luck:depressed: That wait will be 10+, but I hope it does well for you! :D
The 3cm is bodylength, so it is mot tiny anymore. Of course i would like a juvi/adult, but they are rarely, if ever, for sale around here.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
I will continue my struggle for the Goddess! Just like those brave Medics that, in dark ages, performed autopsy in Europe armed of nothing but their cloaks & bravery!

Even Mike's Basic Tarantula call her 'Queen' instead of 'King'. A good first step until the point where everyone will call Her Goddess :)

http://www.mikebasictarantula.com/Pel-muticus-care-sheet.html

Loyalty, Endurance, Faith: this is what the Goddess, our benign Mother, ask to us. And in this battle we go forward and united... till Victory be won!

Loyalist of the Goddess worldwide, Sursum Corda and Rejoyce with Andrea82!

:kiss:

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
They just grow so dang slow. If it weren't for that, I'd be a much bigger fan.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Faith is the Key. This is not the moment for doubts. This is the moment for a Hug to a The Netherlands Lady that did the right choice!

Time is futile when a Goddess is concerned, for that if the outcome is 0.1, You cared for a benign Mother in Her prime.

And if Destiny, just like Life, tricks you... Always with your head up, for that do NOT exist a Goddess without a 1.0 Pelinobius muticus :)

Brava, Andrea82!

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Congrats. Best of luck getting a female. The one I just got, ventrally, is male. That's my luck.

cold blood

Staff member
You're getting a sling... good luck:depressed: That wait will be 10+, but I hope it does well for you! :D
They just grow so dang slow. If it weren't for that, I'd be a much bigger fan.
Like Chuck D said..."Don't believe the hype"

They grow slow, but I could name dozens of species that grow a lot slower, yet maintain popularity...like pulchra or ANY Aphonopelma.....Heck, H. macs grow at about the same pace.

Says the Aphonopelma Fanboy! :rolleyes:
Right, that eulers is one ironic individual.

TownesVanZandt

Arachnoprince
Like Chuck D said..."Don't believe the hype"

They grow slow, but I could name dozens of species that grow a lot slower, yet maintain popularity...like pulchra or ANY Aphonopelma.....Heck, H. macs grow at about the same pace.
I took your word for this earlier this year and bought four sling-sized P. muticus. They have only moulted once since then, so yeah, they do grow slow. From the species I have raised, only E. pachypus really comes close. Anyways, they are really sweet, even though they are small, but I have to say, I am a little impatient to see them grow into adulthood and reclaim their rightful thrones :)

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
I took your word for this earlier this year and bought four sling-sized P. muticus. They have only moulted once since then, so yeah, they do grow slow. From the species I have raised, only E. pachypus really comes close. Anyways, they are really sweet, even though they are small, but I have to say, I am a little impatient to see them grow into adulthood and reclaim their rightful thrones :)
Patience is the Virtue of the Noble People and embody Strenght. No one knows better than us my Bro. You did the right choice :)

" Ma solo agli ultimi orizzonti regna in armi l'ultima vittoria alata... e nella lotta c'è la vita! " :kiss:

cold blood

Staff member
Yeah, I'm not saying they grow fast, but the way some people make it seem is glacial, which hasn't been my experience at all...My vagans and albiceps grew considerably slower as slings for example.

bryverine

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Hey, slow growing means you get longer to enjoy them! :embarrassed:

On the other hand, I understand the torture of slow growing Ts where you see and take more care of your feeders than of the tarantula itself...:sorry:

dopamine

Arachnobaron
Good thing about these spiders is that their sex is evident pretty early on. I got my first one as a 2nd or 3rd instar
spiderling and she started showing around her 3rd molt in my care (she was about 2.5" by then).
From what I've heard males are actually rare.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Yeah, I'm not saying they grow fast, but the way some people make it seem is glacial, which hasn't been my experience at all...My vagans and albiceps grew considerably slower as slings for example.
Your vagans grew quicker? If kahlenbergi has the same growth rate, then i will be dealing with a Queen the size of my palm in one and a half years :eek:
First few molts were 'meh', staying small. But the last two, he or she doubled in size!
Oh well, hopefully just enough time to get to know the little Beastie :)