P. murinus problem?

Iktomi

Arachnoservant
Old Timer
I've been holding off this post because I see a lot of "it won't eat" posts as it is, but I'm starting to get worried. For all I can tell, Rose Red hasn't left her web for over 2 months. I've set my alarm and tried to catch her up all hours of the night. Always in the same place. She will not eat. If a cricket gets close...she strikes at it all angry and that's it.
Here's her hideout...and thanks in advance for input.

Last edited:

Jesse607

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
My adult female P. murinus has gone periods of almost 3 months without eating or molting. Just keep trying to feed it once a week, and sprinkle water onto its web every once in awhile, and sooner or later it will begin feeding again. I now only feed her about 3 times a month(every 10 days) either one adult lobster roach, one adult blaberus roach, or a superworm, and this seems to keep her more active for a longer period of time compared to when I fed her 2 or 3 times a week.

jwb121377

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Is she getting skinny? If she is not overly skinny and is drinking then I wouldn't worry.

ACoopBB24

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i think that she will be alright.... i have a usambara that had a bad molt and COULDNT eat for 2 months....plz check out my thread called "great news!!!"

hope that she starts eating soon:)