P. miranda drumming

zdillon

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hello every one, I have a 6in p. miranda that I thought was a female until it started drumming. I cant seem to pack any weight on it and it also has what looks like the cymbium on the pedipalp. I really dont have a whole lot of experience with these spiders but have done some reading on them. From what have read only the males will drum and will only do it when mature. It does not have spures on its first set of legs but I have been told that not all MM pocies will get them. Could this be true. Any thoughts or in put would be usefull. Sorry I dont have any pix at this time. Thank you in advance.

VinceG

Arachnobaron
Mature males of this species does not have any spurs. By cymbium do you mean bulbs on the pedipalps? If so, it's a dead giveaway of a mature male. The best thing to do would be to send it to a breeder who has a mature female, so you can do a breeding loan with him.

zdillon

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thank you vince, I ment the balbs. So yes I guess it is a male. Would you happen to know any one who may have a female. If any one out there has a female and would like to trade a sling for him or split a sack, feel free to send a pm.

VinceG

Arachnobaron
Thank you vince, I ment the balbs. So yes I guess it is a male. Would you happen to know any one who may have a female. If any one out there has a female and would like to trade a sling for him or split a sack, feel free to send a pm.
No problem. The best way to get a female for this boy is to go in the For sale/Trade/WTB section of arachnoboards, in the classifieds.

zdillon

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
thats what i thought. I put up a posting up. Thank you for your help.

KoriTamashii

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Even if your specimen is male after all, it has been noted that sometimes females drum unprovoked, too. :)

Widowman10

Arachno WIDOW
Old Timer
Even if your specimen is male after all, it has been noted that sometimes females drum unprovoked, too. :)
i was going to mention that as well kori, nice job.

so don't just assume that since a spider is drumming that it's a male :embarrassed:
:D

zdillon

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Ok thank you, it also looks as if it has tiny brown balls in between the first two segments of it's pedipalp. It also has been spinning strands of web and tearing it down, wich I assume would be a sperm web. It last molted in Aug. I am new to the pocies so that is why I am a little confused.