P. miranda....bad molt

crawltech

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
So i thought i would check on my Female P. miranda, as i noticed her preping for a molt yesterday....but when i looked in on her, i could tell somethin wasnt right....after further inspection, i could see that the old exo was still stuck to her mouth/jaw area....so i got her out, onto som moist paper towel, and i could see that her chelicarae were infact stuck...she is still alive at this point, but only about 18hours post molt.....so i begun to cut the old exo away, leaving only the stuck on portions....I dripped water on her mouth area to give her a drink, and hopefuly soften up the stuck area...being very, very careful, i started the donting task of trying to free her her jaws/teeth from the old exo...she also helped by forcing hemolymph to her chelicerae, to puch the old stuff off...they were for some reason, really stuck!....I did manage to free her....she is now recovering on an ICU....her papls are a little bent, and she seems very lathargic and disorientated (to be expected).Her fans are still there, and in kind of a normal shape, yet they are pointing straight forward, she hasnt re-tucked them undernieth her yet, not sure if she even can??.Man, i hope she pulls through,...i just got her her about 2 weeks ago, so i dont know her history.Her enclosure was plenty humid, and she seemed in good health, so i dont know what happened....

here are a couple pics...

this is after i cut the old exo away, leaving only the stuck on chelicerae..

here is a shot of her, after i got them off...

the 2 stuck pieces

wish her luck, everyone!...she is a trooper.

paassatt

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I've never experienced a bad molt so I can't say I'm able to empathize, but I'm still sorry to see that, nonetheless. It's a bummer for sure.

Hobo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Staff member
That sucks man... Great job on the surgery though. I hope she pulls through for you; other than her fangs and palps she looks alright.

Did the pumping stomach lining come out ok too? I just thought about that bit since it's near that area.

Good luck with her!

crawltech

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
That sucks man... Great job on the surgery though. I hope she pulls through for you; other than her fangs and palps she looks alright.

Did the pumping stomach lining come out ok too? I just thought about that bit since it's near that area.

Good luck with her!
Ya it actually did,..one of the 1st things i checked for, once i got her in my hand....weird man, she jus couldnt get'em off??....i felt so bad for her...everytime i had her upside down in my hand, she would roll back over...poor girl:(

I will keep ya posted, on her condition.....

Thegloryfades

Arachnosquire
Had the same thing happen to my azuraklaasi sling recently being just under an inch i couldn't do much unfortunately and it passed. Enclosure was very humid and the sling was active with a big appetite.

energizer2010

Arachnopeon
she is beautiful. I am praying and hoping that she will pull throu. The best of luck to you and her my man.

crawltech

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
thanx for the support, everyone!....im jus uplaoding a couple current pics....

crawltech

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
indeed, not sure if she can move them independantly from her chelicerae?....i did see her move one a bit last night, but nuthin today....yet?

phily1579

Arachnopeon
Did anyone else notice?? Thats NOT a miranda! Thats a Formosa my friend. Also i would like to say, u did a great job with her craw. Im sure she very thankful that u helped her. I have 24 t's. N neva experence a bad molt before. Thank god. Great job again man! Where proud of u!!!:clap: :)

Rob1985

This user has no status.
indeed, not sure if she can move them independantly from her chelicerae?....i did see her move one a bit last night, but nuthin today....yet?
how are you going to feed her if she pulls through?

crawltech

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i dunno if shes gunna pull though??....she seems to have no control of her abdomen, or spinneretts...the spinneretts are jus laying out flat, and limp......she turned herself 180 tho so she still has some movement,..she seems to be able to move her chelicerae, and her legs, slightly....its not lookin good....

I will keep everone posted for sure.

..and ya, phily...its def a miranda, as it looks nuttin like my formosa, who jus completed a successful molt....and exectly like my other miranda female.

RoseT

Arachnosquire
Crap dude, sorry about that...Ive never experienced a bod molt with my T's but either way It gets me....Poor girl, at least she has her owner taking care of her, im sure it would have been alot worse in the wild..Good efforts and I hope your intentions prize you with her life.

babypiggy

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
oh man!
i hope she pulls through..

she was amazingly beautiful in pics i've seen

good luck with her

crawltech

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thanx Penny, and Rose...it aint lookin good tho, jus checked on her, and i am fearing the worst!

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
She probably won't make it.

You did a good job removing everything though. I hope she proves me wrong.