P. Metallica or P. Subfusca?..

RoseT

Arachnosquire
My first Pokie and only Pokie..(Im serious!!!)..Ok so Ive decided to get a pokie...and Ive narrowed it down to what I think are the two most gorgeous sp of them all........They range about the same price from what Ive seen so the question is....Which one?.....and where can I find the most absolute best deal on either?..Thanks!!!!..

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Look in the classifieds.

Get the species you want most.

RoseT

Arachnosquire
I wish it was that Easy...They are both so darn pretty, and I cant decide.....Never been so stuck..lol... mainly because the price range is so comparable....

KoriTamashii

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Honestly, P. subfusca are less expensive. Slings range from $60-$100, whereas P. metallica slings are never less than $150, unless you're hella lucky.

If money is an issue, get a subfusca.

TarantulaHomes

Arachnosquire
As Kori said, if money is an issue, get subfusca. They are beautiful animals, and in general the calmest of all Poecilotheria.

teamster6

Arachnopeon
Depends on the t I guess. I have a metallica and it struts around all over the place hardley ever out of sight. Have a ornata too and it hides constantly until feeding time

t6

RyTheTGuy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I would get and probably will get a P. Metallica for my first pokie WAY LATER down the road, i dont want to jump ahead of myself now.

I would pick the P. Metallica because IMO it is more gorgeous. The Blue and Yellow just draws my eyes to look in amaze.

Najakeeper

Arachnoprince
You will eventually get both, there is no escape. So toss a coin to decide which comes first.

Poxicator

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
If I were you I'd start with something less expensive, perhaps regalis or striata. Only once you've had a degree of success would I suggest moving on to the more expensive ones. They're fairly easy to keep as long as you don't over water and provide a good hide. Getting accustomed to maintenance, feeding and water is your learning curve. Nothing hard about that.

I found P. subfusca lowland to be rather skittish as young and seem to go through phases of seeing them as adults. P. subfusca highland should be kept cooler, it rarely hits over 70s in their natural habitat. P. metallica are supposedly very photosensitive, most owners suggesting they rarely seem them when its light. Ive only had my 3 metallica and 4 highland for just over a month so I'll be curious to see how things turn out.

blooms

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I've got both of them, but I have to tell you I spend much more time looking at the subfusca than the metallica. They are both really really cool looking though.

harmroelf

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
metallica = overrated
subfusca is cheaper and at least as beautifull..