P. Metallica not eating?

speedreader

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My 2" metallica has not been eating for 3 weeks now. Should I worry?

missy

Arachnopeon
new to tarantulas really , i would say possibly molting but dont take my word for it, someone else will reply to this that knows a bit more, sorry that i couldnt be more helpful.

Windchaser

Arachnoking
Old Timer
The only time to really worry about a tarantula not eating is if its abdomen is getting noticeable smaller in size or it appears shriveled. Otherwise, there isn't much to worry about. Poecilotheria spp. aren't known to be extremely long faster but it isn't unusual for them to go a month or so without eating.

Anastasia

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The only time to really worry about a tarantula not eating is if its abdomen is getting noticeable smaller in size or it appears shriveled. Otherwise, there isn't much to worry about. Poecilotheria spp. aren't known to be extremely long faster but it isn't unusual for them to go a month or so without eating.
yes agree, I didnt see my Phormictopus cancerides, ones for almost 2 mo, then she molted, then after 2 weeks start eating and and back to normal
and my new Cyriopagopus Ssp, I got her bit on skinny side
and I did start worry after 2 weeks of not moving and eatting, she did get even skinnier
so I did remove her out of large tank and put her in small container wit wet pitmoss
and drop 4 crix in shot light and went to bed
next mornin, all crix wuz gone {D
Buuuuuuuuurp :D