P. lugardi randomly missing a leg...

Black Label Invertebrates

ArachnoCore
Old Timer
My P. lugardi has been very reclusive for about 3 months or so now...i suspect that she is either gravid (she's a WC specimen, and her abdomen is HUGE) or approaching a molt. Today she was out in the open, and noticed that one of her legs...fell off. It was sitting there like 3-4 inches away from her, I have no idea what happened. Perhaps she fell??? Idk, any input is apreciated :D

Hobo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Staff member
I don't want to alarm you, but you might want to give this thread a read.

As for your girl, I guess the only thing you can do is make sure she has access to water and hope it was just some freak accident and not whatever it was in that thread.

ArachnoCore
Old Timer
Interesting...someone in that thread had a P. lugardi do the same thing. I attempted the feed her the day before and she refused food...I'll keep an eye on her and post again of something new happens. :? :? :?

Vespula

Arachnodemon
That thread terrified the living mess outta me...! I'm getting my first OBT in a few days/next week and I'm terrified of this happening now... :eek:

OP: I hope your lugardi gets better, and it's nothing like in that thread...

ArachnoCore
Old Timer
Checked on her today (12/15) and now she's missing a pedipalp on the same side as the missing leg :confused: She's also acting really strange...normally when I prod her around with my paintbrush she either gives me a threat posture, or runs away. Now she stays in one place and just moves her fangs around...kinda hard to explain but that's what she's doing lol. She's only eaten twice since I bought her, but her abdomen is still HUGE...like gravid huge lol. Anyway, let me know what you guys think!

-StatutoryGraped

Last edited:

ArachnoCore
Old Timer
Yeah, I've had her for about 5 months. I got her from a LPS for free. She doesn't eat at all, but still retains that huge abdomen. She's more than likely WC, hence why she could possibly be gravid.

arachnidsrulz12

Arachnosquire
Yeah, I've had her for about 5 months. I got her from a LPS for free. She doesn't eat at all, but still retains that huge abdomen. She's more than likely WC, hence why she could possibly be gravid.

gravid, awesome

did u ask that she been paired or not

if so she might lay an egg sac
we don't know

Crysta

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Or she has an internal parasite that is causing stress to her...espcially since she is loosing appendages...
can't say for sure though.

AudreyElizabeth

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
How long has she been looking gravid? I thought that Pterinochilus were pretty quick to drop an eggsac most of the time. From what I read it takes two to three months generally?
I hope all is well.