P. Irminias on the way!

newspidermom

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Ok, I admit I've been bit by this addiction, but I always thought I'd never be one to end needing a whole room just to house my Ts...lol. Though I'm not quite to that point yet, I can't seem to stop looking at what's for sale...lol. I always find one that I just "have to have". My latest obsession has been the P. Irminia. Can't get over how gorgeous these guys are. However even though they are NW I was hesitant because of their defensive and somewhat aggresive behavior and speed. All my current Ts are fairly laid back. My B. Boehmei can be a bitch at times and my 3rd instar A. Versi slings are wicked fast when they want to be. At least I can block the versis with my hand to keep them from getting away..lol. I think I'm going to have a new challenge with the P. Irminias. But I still can't wait! I have four 3rd instar slings coming from BrettG. He's also throwing in a random NW freebie. With this purchase I will have 17 Ts in my collection. I will hopefully have them by Fri. I'll try and post pics...if they sit still and say "cheese"...lol

tarantulagirl10

Arachnobaron
Got 4 of those from him and boy are they fast! I thought my avic slings were fast...NO... they are standing still compared to these guys. Anyway, very beautiful ts! Congrats :)

newspidermom

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Ya...I think I got the last four. Couldn't pass up the price! Glad the weather is good. He's shipping priority so they'll have a nice little trip from Arizona to PA. Of course no LAG so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

---------- Post added at 04:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:17 PM ----------

For those of you who might have missesd out...I saw that member Unravel has 2 P. Irminia slings 1+ for $15 each. Not a bad price.

Hellion299

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Good ole days....

The first tarantulas I ever bought were 3 Irminia slings....Spider-Man and Venom. Lol That was over 3 years ago and now I have a whole room from my bugs and if you count slings, well close to 1,000. Lol. Have fun those suckers are fast!!

newspidermom

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Lol..love the names. Naming them is my favorite part. Slings are harder since the sex is not known, but I already have a good name for at least one of them...Blaze...lol

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Ha! All you have to do is let them OUT of the straws/vials. I am the sucker that has to get them IN!!!!AZ to PA normally takes 2 days,so they should be nice and agitated when they arrive;)

HotPocket

Arachnopeon
Very nice choice beautiful spiders. they are at the top of my T wish list right now. But i told my girlfriend i would not get any more T's untill some of my slings grow up.:(

newspidermom

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Ya Brett...I figured you had the hard part...lol. I wouldn't want to be the one trying to get those buggers into a shipping container...lol. Oh, and I can hardly wait to see just how "aggitated" they are after a couple days thru the mail...lol.

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I got five of these as my first tarantulas. Out of all of them, I just have Nike now but she's almost an adult. I got another sling later and it's looking female. Hope the molt gives me some great news.

tarantulagirl10

Arachnobaron
Ha! All you have to do is let them OUT of the straws/vials. I am the sucker that has to get them IN!!!!AZ to PA normally takes 2 days,so they should be nice and agitated when they arrive;)
Glad i was on the recieving end. I don't know how you get them in there! lol

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Shipping this time involved straws...I just make a small funnel out of paper,and put it in the open end of the straw,then chase the spider into it. Remove the funnel,cap with moist paper towel,and that is it!!!! Just did54 H.macs and it took half an hour.

newspidermom

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Well, I'm having fun getting their little homes ready. All done except one. I need another jar. I get these free from work. We recieve small componants in them and I've been saving them. Normally we just toss them. I have all five of my A. Versis in them as well.

Attachments

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
very pretty enclosure... the lil black orange and white BLUR will look good runnin around in there lol. mine is around 3/4 or an inch max and is awesome ... just molted to 3rd or 4th Instars ( cant remember what dealer said at time of purchase) and is eatin like a hog. Awesome t .. hope you enjoy yours equally... careful ar rehoming time... until this sling, i HONESTLY didnt know fast.. shes got my obt, regalis, and ornatas beat hands down... thought THEY were fast

LirvA

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Question:

Is plural P. irminia or P. irminias?

I'm thinking former.

theconmacieist

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I just rehoused a 2nd instar this morning. Watch out, I'm sure you know but these are so fast you can't even see them til they stop.

newspidermom

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I always add the "s" 'for plural. Not sure whether it's right. Never really thought of it...lol. All I know is it will be more than one "banshee from hell" ..lol. You guys are scaring me now.:eek: