P. Irminia, what are those dots?

Maslorez

Arachnopeon
So have this adult P.Irminia for like 3-4 month.I bought it "pregnant" ,she made fake cocoon.She was a bit passive all the time , and now she is sitting on the ground most of the time and webs a huge carpet all around.I spotted these small dots ( see picture) so i wonder , is this premolt thing or is it a thing that i should worry about?
here is some pictures from below

Lighter dots from below have been on her since i bought her for sure.Maybe its some kind of pigmentation?

Last edited:

Spidermolt

Arachnoknight
My guess would either be small clumps of hair or dirt. It is interesting but the pictures not crystal clear for an accurate diagnose

14pokies

Arachnoprince
Ummmm.. P.irminia don't have urticating hairs. Her abdomen shouldn't be bald like that.. I'm completely blown away I've never seen anything like it.. It's not normal..

Maslorez

Arachnopeon
I will give my best to make some better shots.
Is there anything that i should do about her at the moment?

Maslorez

Arachnopeon
if shes eating fine id say just wait and see what happens next molt.
Thanks for the response , she is eating pretty much fine.I am that kind of guy who starts being paranoid when something strange happens ,so now i am checking all of my T's on something unusual

boina

Lady of the mites
I don't think there's much you can do but wait for the next molt... she does look strange, though.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
Thanks for the response , she is eating pretty much fine.I am that kind of guy who starts being paranoid when something strange happens ,so now i am checking all of my T's on something unusual
possibly just very premolt. they tend to lose some of their colors.

cold blood

Staff member
ALmost reminds me of @EulersK 's fimbratius in the days just before it dropped a sac.

Its either going to drop a sac after all...or molt...either way, its a waiting game...try bumping temps for 48 hours or so.

MissouriArachnophile

Arachnoknight
I'm pretty new and as I go through some old threads, I wonder what happened when a conclusion was never given in the thread. How did the next molt go? Did the spots go away? How did the story end?!