P. Irminia or P. Cambridgei

Adenovirus19

Arachnopeon
I am thinking of getting a juvenile psalmopoeus. Of the two species, P. Irminia or P. Cambridgei, which one tends to be more visible?

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Irminia are almost always hidden unless at night. Im not really a NW guy, but man, a full blown freshly molted female irminia is a beautiful friggin spider. A must have for any collection

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
I don't own a cambridgei yet so can't really say but I see my irminia fairly often, I've apparently lucked out and got one of those reasonably calm and visible individuals though lol.

Spidermolt

Arachnoknight
P. cambridgei- They're always out and pretty hardy

P. irminia- Extremely beautiful, ALWAYS hiding.

BOTH are worth it in the end

cold blood

Staff member
A P. cam is like a dog....theyre easy to find and rarely hide....an irminia is like a bear, even if there may be a good population, you still almost never ser them.

Irminia are ghosts, and the bigger they get, the less you see them.

Cams are the polar opposite....always out and the larger they get, the less inclined they are to hide.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
My P.cam is out a lot. My P.irminia is a juvi out a lot less but is out a decent amount. Both are great looking and fun to own.

Lets be honest... we all know what this is... you really just want us to tell you to buy both. I'm game... Buy one of each. :D

Here's my P.cam

Vezon

Arachnopeon
I kid you not, my P. cam comes out of its burrow when I walk into the room. All of the P. irminia I have owned were very shy. The P. pulcher I had was sort of in between the two. It was out more often, but it still did its fair share of hiding.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I am thinking of getting a juvenile psalmopoeus. Of the two species, P. Irminia or P. Cambridgei, which one tends to be more visible?
Almost any NW T is more visible than the photosensitive P irminia. I owned a young female, all I saw were her toes, even at night. Striking when she molted, like few Ts IMO. Males not pretty at all.

I like my P pulcher.

Kayis

Arachnopeon
Go with P. cambridgei, just take a look at the stunning beast of a T that @cold blood and @Trenor posted. You can't go wrong with it as your choice.;)

Rob1985

This user has no status.
P. irminia

You can't go wrong with the black and orange coloring!

Adenovirus19

Arachnopeon
Thanks everybody!! Its awesome how so many folks pitch in to help us more novices out. From this thread, I take that P. Cambridgei is the species to own as a display. Thanks. But, I kinda also agree with Trenor: I'll probably piss off my wife and get both!!

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
I had a P. irminia as my first sling, actually. When it hit 3", I didn't see it again until it was a mature male.

So yeah. Get a P. cam.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
P irminia. my 3" cam is a ghost. both my irminias are out all the time.

bryverine

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I got an irminia because they look prettier IMO.

I haven't regretted it, but she disappears from time to time for a month or six.

mistertim

Arachnobaron
P. cam is a great spider to keep. Fast, ornery, and quite pretty. They're usually out a lot but I haven't seen mine in a couple months. I think it's a phantom sac as she was pretty fat when I last saw her.

Rittdk01

Arachnoknight
P cambridgei are terrific. I just did a final rehouse, since mine grew like a weed out of its old enclosure. I throw a cricket in and it runs it down in under a minute. Great looking and very neat.