P. irminia hunting crix

JonnyTorch

Arachnotwit
Nice setup, feeding time is always my favorite.

I. Mira is my favorite species to watch catch prey.
Thank you! It's gonna outgrow it in a couple months for sure. I don't have any trapdoors or baboons yet. I'd like to in the future.

Arachnophobphile

Arachnoangel
Fed my 1.75" Sun Tiger sling today. Was fun to catch it pounce on the little cricket.

Lucky.....🙂

I just picked up a 1.5 inch irminia and fed it today before work.

In the few seconds video this is all I got. When I came back a few minutes later it destroyed that cricket further down the corkbark so I missed it 😕

Attachments

JonnyTorch

Arachnotwit
Lucky.....🙂

I just picked up a 1.5 inch irminia and fed it today before work.

In the few seconds video this is all I got. When I came back a few minutes later it destroyed that cricket further down the corkbark so I missed it 😕
Nice! Mine grew from like .5" to 1.75" in about a month and a half LOL

Arachnophobphile

Arachnoangel
Nice! Mine grew from like .5" to 1.75" in about a month and a half LOL
Yup, they are fast growers. Alot of keepers will house them in a bigger than usual enclosure due to their fast growth rate and less rehousing times from what I've read.

Mine is going in it's adult enclosure when it hits 2.5 or 3 inches. It's temperament will dictate when it goes in the adult enclosure.

So far mine is bold not skittish. I'm taking this as a sign what I might be dealing with when it's bigger. Time will tell, first time I've seen a 1.5 sling this bold.

JonnyTorch

Arachnotwit
Yup, they are fast growers. Alot of keepers will house them in a bigger than usual enclosure due to their fast growth rate and less rehousing times from what I've read.

Mine is going in it's adult enclosure when it hits 2.5 or 3 inches. It's temperament will dictate when it goes in the adult enclosure.

So far mine is bold not skittish. I'm taking this as a sign what I might be dealing with when it's bigger. Time will tell, first time I've seen a 1.5 sling this bold.
Whenever I open the cage for mine to refill water or drop in crickets, mine definitely bolts to it's silk tube/dirt curtain it made under the round cork bark you see. Time will tell. I have a 6x6x9" enclosure it's going in next. After that either an 8x8x10" (if it won't outgrow that) or a 12x12x18 exo terra. Not sure yet.

Arachnophobphile

Arachnoangel
Whenever I open the cage for mine to refill water or drop in crickets, mine definitely bolts to it's silk tube/dirt curtain it made under the round cork bark you see. Time will tell. I have a 6x6x9" enclosure it's going in next. After that either an 8x8x10" (if it won't outgrow that) or a 12x12x18 exo terra. Not sure yet.
I think females can reach 7 inches not sure about males.

All I know is mine doesn't stay near the bottom it hangs out at the top. It is too soon, I picked it up Monday. So far I haven't seen it attempt to construct any type of den. They usually will construct it near the bottom and make dirt curtains.

Mine I believe is still exploring it's enclosure and hunting.

JonnyTorch

Arachnotwit
I think females can reach 7 inches not sure about males.

All I know is mine doesn't stay near the bottom it hangs out at the top. It is too soon, I picked it up Monday. So far I haven't seen it attempt to construct any type of den. They usually will construct it near the bottom and make dirt curtains.

Mine I believe is still exploring it's enclosure and hunting.
Mine chilled for the first 3-4 days. Then the second week the curtain/den/tube was pretty heavily constructed. It still adds some to it here and then.

I hear people keeping them in 8x8x12 and others in 12x12x18. Not sure... The cage brand I buy for all of my cages have great options but no 12x12x18. I'd like them all to look exactly the same size next to each other. Not sure what to do as of yet. 😅

Arachnophobphile

Arachnoangel
Mine chilled for the first 3-4 days. Then the second week the curtain/den/tube was pretty heavily constructed. It still adds some to it here and then.

I hear people keeping them in 8x8x12 and others in 12x12x18. Not sure... The cage brand I buy for all of my cages have great options but no 12x12x18. I'd like them all to look exactly the same size next to each other. Not sure what to do as of yet. 😅
Haha well you have a while before it would need a 12x12x18 that is a pretty big enclosure. 4 to 5 inch arboreal in a 8x8x12 works fine. 7 to 8 inch I would go bigger. My 4 inch male C. versicolor was fine in a 7x7x11 and had plenty of room.

I'll send you a private message as I'm going to mention a vendor's name.