P. Irminia help!

Grael

Arachnolord
Old Timer
ok i got my female 1.5 inch P. Irminia yesterday i was expecting a 3 cm sling.....anyway

at the mo i got it in a jam jar.....the jam jar is 5 inchs high, 2.5 inchs accross and has 1 inch of substrate in, it also has a plastic plant, with leafs on which she seems quite happy hiding in, it doesnt seem all that roomie, she ate last night, one cricket in there now but she hasnt had it yet.....

so i was wondering, is this big enough? the only thing i got next to this is novas pet pal which is 8x5x5 when down like it should be put, will this be too big for the P. Irminia, i got another slighty bigger one for nova which i can put her in.

any help will be appericiated thanks!

abstract

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I've got my 2.5" Irminia in a 5 gallon aquarium, but I think it might be too big. She/he doesn't eat that well - but i'm not sure if it's the size of the aquarium or just hunger levels.

I did have it in a smaller container, and it seemed comfortable in it.......From my experience, I would say smaller might be better at this point.

Jeff_C

ArachnoAddicted
Old Timer
I'm no expert but I have mine (Flash) in a 3" d X 3" w X 6" h beanie baby type enclosure (almose the same as yours) and seems to be doing great. Flash never travels much further than the entrance to it's web tunnel anyway so more space would be a waste and the food finds it's way to it pretty quickly (which would explain the 1/2" per month growth rate I've experienced).

Hope this helps.

Jeff

edit: I should have mentioned that (by my best guess) is about 2+" long.

Grael

Arachnolord
Old Timer
well she just got a cricket, she had another one yesterday so shes feeding fine, she hasnt built a web as of yet, but the leafs are curling over in the jar so i think shes happy hiding in them, and feels safe in the curled up leafs.

shes doing fine shes eating, so im guess she feels at home =D

ps, she has moved to the side of the jar, her beauty hypotising me its unreal how gorgeous these spiders are :rolleyes:

Grael

Arachnolord
Old Timer
heh 3 crickets shes eat now in 3 days!

so if shes eating im guessing shes happy, no sign of a web yet, she did do a little after she got the last cricket guess thats normal though

and i though nova was fast! Isis is too fast for the eye to catch! shes unreal!

TheDon

ArachnoDon
Old Timer
I have a 2.5" Suntiger right now and she used to eat like a pig... at 3 crickets the first day i got her but then weened her down to 1 cricket every other day so she didnt get too fat. She now has a very large tube web that she built. The tank is about 11" long 4.5" wide and about 7" high. She stays in the web all the time now and hasnt eaten for about 11 days so i am hoping she is gonna molt. I would say that what u have her in should be fine for now. Goodluck with her... they turn out to be real beauties

TheDon
Oh and with my suntiger it took her about a week to start making her web