P. imperator molt

EndlessForms

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
hey i have a female emp and she's in premolt. i've heard that they often swell up before molting. and she is. i'ce seen pics of other scorps getting ready to molt and they look like their about to pop. do emps also get that big? she's gotten to where the segments on her back no longer touch, but isn't nearly as big as those other pics i've seen. i'd like some guesstimates of her much longer she has until the molt. i know it's kinda hard without a pic, but please at least guess...

Vfox

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Smaller scorpions always seem to puff up more compared to emps in my experience. Your scorpion will look bloated and almost gravid but doesn't always get to the point of swelling like say a C. vitt will.

EndlessForms

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Smaller scorpions always seem to puff up more compared to emps in my experience. Your scorpion will look bloated and almost gravid but doesn't always get to the point of swelling like say a C. vitt will.
yeah thats what i thought. and i think it was a vitt. that i saw... but are there any signs of an imminent molt like within the last week or so? 'cause i wanna take my other one out when she molts so the other one doesn't accidentally hurt her...

H. laoticus

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
If you're nervous about the risk, I would suggest separating them. Saves you the stress :D

EndlessForms

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
well i know that inverts are very vulnerable when they molt, and that they are soft and easily damaged in this state: do you normally separate them for a molt? or is it ok to leave them together?