P. imp with P. cavimanus?

GartenSpinnen

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
So can i put an adult P. imp in with an adult P. cavimanus in a 10 gallon setup? Is this a bad idea? Any experiences with anybody doing this?

Thaedion

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
My experience with a P cavimanus housed with a P cavimanus is... They were both the same size, sub adult, and well fed... and the one ate the other.

My P imps all house together well. No fights.

I would not even think about putting the sub adult P cavimanus in with my emps.

So my answer would be no. :cool:

P.jasonius

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I've housed/ am currently housing them together with no problems. They lay on top of each other just like emps do. My enclosure is a bit larger, though: 40 gal.

dazbuzz

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i would guess it depends on how docile your scorpions are. btw i know only the basics about scorpions.

EAD063

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
^^LOL

No don't do it... mix and match species of fish in an aquarium.... don't do it to your scorps.

Vaul

Arachnopeon
It could be done, but its tempting fate to be honest. Even fully fed, with many hides and multiple water bowls, their is still a chance of one killing the other. So I'd say probably not the best idea

C_Strike

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
There is always a chance of them eating each other, same species or not.
Many people have exp of P imperator eating their P imperator house mate.
I wouldnt personally

dazbuzz

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
well i just put my 2i emp in with my 5i(i think 5i) emp and they seem to get along fine but it's early days yet.:wall: :wall: :wall:

8ball

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
You might get lucky and they get along but 90% chance they fight, so you probably shouldn't do it

emmille

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My experience with a P cavimanus housed with a P cavimanus is... They were both the same size, sub adult, and well fed... and the one ate the other.

My P imps all house together well. No fights.

I would not even think about putting the sub adult P cavimanus in with my emps.

So my answer would be no. :cool:
in short, P. cavimanus eats P. cavimanus...what more if they're with a different type...{D {D {D