P. colei

invertepet

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Just came in today, this pic really caught the slight blue-purple sheen of the chitin...

Attachments

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Ok ixnay on the edclawray! God Daxn! AGH!!!!!!! Ha Ha Ha. Adiadiadi.

Sorry, I'm trying to calm myself down.

Oh my god.

I think I might go crazy.

Dang that is F'ing incredible!

Wait a minute, I gotta change my Desktop background!

Dude, you can't just post a picture like that and not give some info on it. Can it be kept like the Emperor and Redclaw. Are you selling these? How much? I think I need 3 of them. I guess I should look at your site.

Freaking Awesome!!!!!!!!

Jon

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Are those bright colors typical? Or did this scorp just get done molting? Does it have to do with the flash?

Jon

invertepet

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I have to admit, the scorp doesn't show that striking purple milky sheen under normal lighting - in fact, it only came out when I turned off the flash. Yes, that's right - turned it off. I guess it allowed the full spectrum being reflected off the exoskeleton to show up, whereas with the flash it kind of blows the colors out a little (?). Here's another pic without flash.

Attachments

Last edited:

invertepet

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Here's one using the flash and a slight zoom-in with macro. This is closer to what it looks like in 'normal room lighting' but I suspect the color sheen in the other pics is evident in natural sunlight.

Interesting though that the flash actually *prevented* the purple from coming out. Usually a flash will cause more intense than usual hues in scorps, pedes and spiders from my experience...

Still a gorgeous scorp, IMHO.

Attachments

Last edited:

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Damn.

Still a beautiful Scorp. I guess I would still have to put it over the redclaw.

Thanks

Jon

invertepet

Arachnolord
Old Timer
These are also quite a bit more defensive than emperors, as with cavimanus. Quick to lunge and pinch, not really aggressive stingers, tho.

bill

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
How bad are the pinchers? Can they cut you? Or do they just hold on?

Jon

invertepet

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Jon, I am not sure about how hard they pinch, but seems pretty strong (enough to dent a pencil).

bill

XOskeletonRED

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
A most incredible coloration. I think i have found what I'm going to keep in this 75 gallon tank I have had on stand-by for the last week. How many did you get? *lol* I think 75 gal will suffice for about fifteen of em'. Time to visit your site again. *grins*

later,
edw.