P. cancerides

Widowman10

Arachno WIDOW
Old Timer
anyone own a P. cancerides? if so, when do they lose their blue coloring? and is anyone's burrowing?

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'm not sure about the coloring question but I made a burrow for mine (out of the shipping vial it came in) and I haven't seen it since...so in my case I would say yes, they do burrow.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I use to have 4, 2 female and 2 males. They were subadults and yes if given the oppurtunity they will burrow. I never had slings or any little blue ones, but my guess would be around the 2" maybe 3" stage?

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I've got a blue sling at 1 1/2 inches and it burrows almost as much as my Haplopelmas do. I never get to see it.

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
mine is about 1.5 " or so last time i saw it lol its been burrowed for about 3 months and i haven seen neither hide nor hair of it since.
still blue last time i saw it. crix keep dissapearing so i guess its still alive lol

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
anyone own a P. cancerides? if so, when do they lose their blue coloring? and is anyone's burrowing?
Not only is minds burrowing it has actually closed off the opening to its burrow to either be left alone or due to molting conditions

Hedorah99

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Mine lost it about 1.5 inches. It still have purple/blue sheens, but mostly brown. And yes, mine burrows. On my photo page there is a video of mine eating. You can see her legs come out and grab the roach.