P. cambridgei sling care.

miserykills

Arachnosquire
How do you tell the difference between web and mold? It has been webbing a ton but some of it looks off to me. I don't think I can get a good enough picture with my phone to show the difference in what I see. Should I just take everything out and try again with dry substrate? Will that bother the sling too much? Please reply quickly with what I should do. I haven't had an issue with mold with any of my animals so if it is mold this would be a first.

awiec

Arachnoprince
How do you tell the difference between web and mold? It has been webbing a ton but some of it looks off to me. I don't think I can get a good enough picture with my phone to show the difference in what I see. Should I just take everything out and try again with dry substrate? Will that bother the sling too much? Please reply quickly with what I should do. I haven't had an issue with mold with any of my animals so if it is mold this would be a first.
mold usually looks "fluffy" and webbing is thin and opaque. Once you have seen it enough, you know what is mold and what isn't. Depending how bad it is, I just spot clean it and then let the tank dry out/ put more ventilation holes in.

miserykills

Arachnosquire
I changed the substrate to almost completely dry eco earth so hopefully that solves the problem. I also took out the mossy stick I had in there because what I think was mold seemed to be mostly on that. Now there's just a stick with no moss and a fake leaf from a plant from one of my other tanks. Just to add a little color lol. Hopefully I don't see any more "mold" and it's just web from now on.