P.cambridgei difference between sexes?

Kimo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Is there any chance to determine sex from phisical look? Friend of mine told me that females got visibly coloured back legs(hairs are more red than in males), does someone know anything about it?
Thanks!

David Burns

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i don't think there is any differences until the males final molt.

Hedorah99

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Is there any chance to determine sex from phisical look? Friend of mine told me that females got visibly coloured back legs(hairs are more red than in males), does someone know anything about it?
Thanks!
I have been hearing a lot of stuff like that recently from different people. A friend was telling me you can tell Avics apart by seeing how far the toe pads were apart. As far as I know the only definitive ways are sexing the molt and vent sexing. Males will not develop a "different look" until the ultimate molt.

Last edited:

Stylopidae

Arachnoking
Old Timer
As far as I know the only definitive ways arexing the molt and vent sexing.
I'd even argue that the moult is the only way to sex that is 100% accurate.

Males will have a longer leg to carapice ratio often, but this is not something I would sell things based on

Hedorah99

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'd even argue that the moult is the only way to sex that is 100% accurate.

Males will have a longer leg to carapice ratio often, but this is not something I would sell things based on
True, I should have worded it, "Moult sexing is the most accurate, and to a much lesser extent vent sexing". I have had some accuracy with vent sexing, but have also had my fair share of surprises.

Kimo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Ok, I know for molt sexing and vent sexing, but this was something I heard and wanted to check, thanks guys!