Overweight cornsnake?

clive 82

Arachnoknight
Hi guys are there any sure ways to tell if a cornsnake is overweight? What should I be looking for?
Thanks in advance.

Cassiusstein

Arachnosquire
Hi guys are there any sure ways to tell if a cornsnake is overweight? What should I be looking for?
Thanks in advance.
Sorry you haven't gotten a reply yet. Generally you want to look at your snakes tail, the very tip should be a point, when a snake becomes overweight you'll notice the tail starting to round off.

Good luck!

clive 82

Arachnoknight
Sorry you haven't gotten a reply yet. Generally you want to look at your snakes tail, the very tip should be a point, when a snake becomes overweight you'll notice the tail starting to round off.

Good luck![/QUOT
Thanks dude. The tip of his tale looks fine to me. He is four years old now so I guess he is just getting nearly to adult size?

Xenodamus

Arachnopeon
At 4 years old, I'd only be feeding him one appropriately sized rat every 2 weeks. He shouldn't have any problems with weight on that schedule, just give him room to roam and a warm side to his enclosure, with multiple hides so he can properly thermoregulate without feeling exposed. Some snakes will choose cover over proper temp- resulting in either improper digestion/metabolism or burns on the opposite end of the spectrum. BTW a pic would be helpful in determining if he is indeed overweight.