Overnight Delivery???

Hamburglar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I dont blame you for being angry with the postal service but I wouldnt worry about your bugs... I dont get express service where I live and priority packages usually arrived in the same amount of time as express.. My T's are always in good shape.. so hopefully yours will be too...

KJE

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Sorry to hear about your shipping problem. What sounds odd to me is that there are 2 different boxes coming from different people. I can see one box getting misplaced or being late, but not 2.

Have you checked their online tracking again? Also, can you get the other number for the other box?

I know how frustrating it is, but if they are packed well they should be okay. Unless the temps are too high where they are.

Wadew

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Drach is right they do not guarantee overnight delivery in many places, I ask that the package be held at the post to avoid any rides in the mail truck...

Wade

julesaussies

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Sorry to hear about your shipping problem. What sounds odd to me is that there are 2 different boxes coming from different people. I can see one box getting misplaced or being late, but not 2.

Have you checked their online tracking again? Also, can you get the other number for the other box?

I know how frustrating it is, but if they are packed well they should be okay. Unless the temps are too high where they are.
i find it very odd as well. it's obvious the problem lies with my local postal service. One package was from RI and the other AL, both overnight to CA. The one tracking number i have has not been updated yet and i have an email out to get the other.

i am concerned about the temps - esp because 5 of them are Avics - and its supposed to be in the 80's tomorrow. i also haven't figured out how i am going to find a way to be around whenever they might arrive tomorrow. i didn't know i could arrange to have packages held for me at the post office. i don't have a po box or anything. i arranged to stay home all day today so i could receive them. i honestly hadn't planned on getting more T's for a while but for future, can just anyone have a package held at the post office? How do they know - by the tracking number if i tell them the day it's shipped?

Last edited:

julesaussies

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Usps Sucks!!

Well, i'm about ready to call it a night. i gave up on my packages arriving Tuesday many hours ago. i did locate the second tracking number. According to USPS:

RI Express Package: left my local post office at 11:41 am (20 minutes from my house) enroute for delivery on Tuesday. Yeah right.

AL Express Package: received by AL post office at 8:59 am for Express delivery to CA but hasn't gone anywhere yet...

They said they can't help me until my packages have been lost for over 24 hours after guaranteed delivery time. i'm so bummed. i just pray they make it in the morning since its suppose to be in the 80's tomorrow.

Thanks everyone for your encouragement.

:evil: Did i mention that USPS sucks!!!!???!!!:evil:

julesaussies

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Most Recent USPS status:

As of this morning at 7:43 PDT

My package from RI
  • Electronic Shipping Info Received, June 13, 2007
  • Arrival at Unit, June 13, 2007, 3:49 am, IRVINE, CA 92619 **
  • Enroute, June 12, 2007, 11:14 am, SANTA ANA, CA 92799
  • Acceptance, June 11, 2007, 8:52 am, PROVIDENCE, RI 02905

** Apparently it took just under 14 hours to get from Santa Ana to Irvine which is literally a 15 - 20 minute drive from my house. i can't wait to ask them about this. Hopefully that means my package was just sitting at the Santa Ana post office and not out in the truck all day.

My package from AL
  • Electronic Shipping Info Received, June 13, 2007
  • Acceptance, June 11, 2007, 8:59 am, THORSBY, AL 35171

According to their own records via internet tracking and on the phone this package hasn't left AL yet unless they are having computer issues per their fine customer service rep. Regardless it certainly wasn't at my house by 3pm yesterday as promised.

KJE

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Man, I hope they get there soon. The 80's shouldn't be a huge problem for Avics unless they are out in the sun or in a really hot vehicle. Please keep us updated.

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Oh, Honey, I am so sorry!!!!!!! This just happened to me as well, and the package just happened to contain my new P. metallica!!!!!
Both the shipper and myself were on the phone all day trying to find out what happened. We got ignored, hung up on, and treated rudely when we tried to get help in finding out what happened.
Finally, we tracked the packages down to my local post office branch, where I had to go pick them up.
Both T's were fine, thank heavens, both my P. metallica and the cute little P. cancerides that was sent as a freebie.
It really made me unhappy with the post office though.
Keep on them. Did the shipper mark the packages as either fragile or perishable? Find out, some times they will be a little more motivated.

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
your first snafus are always the roughest. well, they certainly were for me.

also, some POs act like they don't know wtf you are talking about when you ask about the package holding thing... so you really need to research it and possibly bring printouts from their website to show them. lol.

glad it all worked out, for the most part