Other forums/threads

Tarantulasareanimalstoo

Arachnosquire
Hey so I've also really wanted to get into keeping a ball python and was wondering if there were any forums and/or anything else like arachnoboards to get advice on it. I will also gladly except any tips from anyone here who keeps them, and don't worry I understand that keeping inverts and reptiles are two different hobbies and that you should never assume one thing that's okay for one species will be acceptable for another species. I also don't ever plan on keeping like 20 animals at one time or whatever; whenever I do get to a point where I have the opportunity to keep both animals it would never be more than one T and one snake at a time for their safety and capability of being comfortable (and the sake of my wallet :lol:)

Tarantulasareanimalstoo

Arachnosquire
Yeah... :cool:

I've always loved animals and for some reason snakes (and all of the other "creepy" crawlies) have really drawn me in. Maybe it's the fact that I've been raised in a Baptist church (and if you know anything about the Bible people tend to frown on snakes) so as soon as I hit my stereotypical "rebellious" teenage years I decided to keep one eventually (jk). In reality though I'm a night owl and want to go into fabrication welding for my profession and if it gets to the point where I have to work weird or lots of hours I don't think a dog would be great for me or the dog; so animals like Ts and pythons that are known for things like being fairly inactive and going on the occasional hunger strike would actually work to my advantage.

gabrieldezzi

Arachnosquire
Yeah... :cool:

I've always loved animals and for some reason snakes (and all of the other "creepy" crawlies) have really drawn me in. Maybe it's the fact that I've been raised in a Baptist church (and if you know anything about the Bible people tend to frown on snakes) so as soon as I hit my stereotypical "rebellious" teenage years I decided to keep one eventually (jk). In reality though I'm a night owl and want to go into fabrication welding for my profession and if it gets to the point where I have to work weird or lots of hours I don't think a dog would be great for me or the dog; so animals like Ts and pythons that are known for things like being fairly inactive and going on the occasional hunger strike would actually work to my advantage.
Fellow young person who is I assume also fairly busy. The inactivity thing is a blessing and a curse, so do not get too comfortable, especially with T's.

I've never had snakes, and although yeah, with tarantulas there's a lot less you have to worry about from a day-to-day basis like filters for fish or UV lamps for reptiles; it's important to remember they're still animals and just because they CAN go on hunger strikes doesn't mean they should. If I have to enter a period of decent inactivity (where I may not be home for several days), I make sure all of my tarantulas are fed and plump and try to time it so I'm not leaving shortly after one molt so I can provide that extra hydration and food if they need it. If I'm gone longer than that, I have a friend or cousin come over to feed the T's.

I'm sure you didn't mean that by working to your advantage you were planning to intentionally neglect your animals, but just always be careful and considerate.

Tarantulasareanimalstoo

Arachnosquire
I'm sure you didn't mean that by working to your advantage you were planning to intentionally neglect your animals, but just always be careful and considerate.
Nope not at all, I can’t stand people who neglect/abuse their animals they deserve to have that right taken away regardless of the species.
Fellow young person who is I assume also fairly busy. The inactivity thing is a blessing and a curse, so do not get too comfortable, especially with T's.
Yep I’m younger and fairly busy (picked up a job not to long ago and a sr in hs (although I’m homeschooled so that doesn’t take to much of my life)). Yeah I understand that as much as we love to “chill” with our animals we can’t just assume that they’re doing animal things. Got to keep a close eye on them constantly. I understand having a pet that requires a good bit of maintenance and care, I had a dog with epilepsy so that was always on my mind. I know a dog with epilepsy and a tarantula are two very different things but it’s that just making sure the creature in your care is consistently doing well but at the same time not being a helicopter pet parent.

Tarantulasareanimalstoo

Arachnosquire
Alright thanks also it would make sense to ask, are there any YouTubers that anyone would recommend I know we can’t insert links but just the names? Thanks for the help everyone.😁

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
ball python could been the title lol 😂 I was confused 🫤..
I can’t get snakes until I move out my hates them .

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Hey so I've also really wanted to get into keeping a ball python and was wondering if there were any forums and/or anything else like arachnoboards to get advice on it. I will also gladly except any tips from anyone here who keeps them, and don't worry I understand that keeping inverts and reptiles are two different hobbies and that you should never assume one thing that's okay for one species will be acceptable for another species. I also don't ever plan on keeping like 20 animals at one time or whatever; whenever I do get to a point where I have the opportunity to keep both animals it would never be more than one T and one snake at a time for their safety and capability of being comfortable (and the sake of my wallet :lol:)
Yes

Kada

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
Probably loads of us on these boards are also reptile keepers. If you have specific questions, especially about things like ball pythons, many people could help out.

I stopped going to many of the older reptile forums because it has become a cash grab morph inbreeding puppy mill type scenario that I dislike. I like this forum because it is not that type of industry. Dendroboards is another I enjoy. Doesn't help you with pythons though haha. But this forum for sure has loads of python keepers, including myself