Orphnaecus sp. "negros" sling

MGery92

Arachnosquire
Hi there!

After 7 months of keeping tarantulas, I've got my first OW as a freebie, an Orphnaecus sp. "negros" sling. It was cool and a bit frightening, because it was unplanned to take care for an OW, even if it's just a sling. :bag: I've had this little thing a month now, and rehoused it on Friday.

I didn't find much info about it. Does anybody have experience with this species? Is the care similar to O. philippinus? The posted pics are shows the current setup.

O. sp negros_1.jpg O. sp negros_2.jpg O. sp negros_3.jpg

The little boy/girl sealed its burrow, and I don't have any pictures of it. :( Before the rehousing, he/she was a voracious eater, he/she chased the red runners. :)

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
deep moist substrate, water dish, and anchor points for webbing(optional).
never kept the genus but assume its the same as Chilobrachys

Tanner Dzula

Arachnoknight
Hi there!

After 7 months of keeping tarantulas, I've got my first OW as a freebie, an Orphnaecus sp. "negros" sling. It was cool and a bit frightening, because it was unplanned to take care for an OW, even if it's just a sling. :bag: I've had this little thing a month now, and rehoused it on Friday.

I didn't find much info about it. Does anybody have experience with this species? Is the care similar to O. philippinus? The posted pics are shows the current setup.

View attachment 240945 View attachment 240946 View attachment 240947

The little boy/girl sealed its burrow, and I don't have any pictures of it. :( Before the rehousing, he/she was a voracious eater, he/she chased the red runners. :)

never kept this particular species of the genus but have a few O. Philipinus and they are fairly simply to keep and care for.

give em deep Sub, Keep it pretty moist, but not wet at all, and make sure to keep good ventilation and watch for mites/mold. they web a fair amount and give em stuff to anchor it off of and they will make sure good tunnels with it eventually.

and if they ar anything like the Philipinus, watch out as they get older as they can be pretty fast. as far as Old worlds go, these guys seem to be pretty mid range with temperaments and care. but don't let that fool you. respect em and you won't have any issues.

MGery92

Arachnosquire
Alright, thanks guys! The substrate is plantation soil and is mostly moist. I will provide anchor points to it as soon as I can.

I'm glad that I got this T, the other one that I could choose for a freebie was an OBT... and we all know stories about them. :hurting: So, I ended up with a species, that I literally didn't know anything about. :pompous: