Arachnosupporter
Ornithoctoninae sp. "Prison des Abeilles"

Juvenile Female
FB_IMG_1537000488168.jpg

Adult Female
received_291855299384341.jpeg

Jsquared

Arachnopeon
Thank youuu! this is newly discovered specie and temporarily named by the local arachnid experts/arachnologist

CrazyOrnithoctonineGuy

Arachnoknight
Time to show off the queen of my collection once more....

Anihan-0.1 Ornithoctoninae sp. "Haribon"

And my 0.0.2 "Phan Cay Blue":

Juvie 1:

Juvie 2:

CrazyOrnithoctonineGuy

Arachnoknight
I got a shipment of spiders in and on the box it had O sp Haribon written on it. This means they are in the states. I must track them down
That might even be the first shipment of this species in the US. These are virtually nonexistent in the trade pretty much anywhere outside Asia (IIRC some were shipped to Europe a few years back and that's it)

curtisgiganteus

ArachnoViking, Conqueror of Poikilos and Therion
Old Timer
That might even be the first shipment of this species in the US. These are virtually nonexistent in the trade pretty much anywhere outside Asia (IIRC some were shipped to Europe a few years back and that's it)
I’ll message the guy I got the box from and see if he has a line on any. In other knews I nailed down 2.1.0 O sp Surigao del Sur 😍

curtisgiganteus

Old Timer
Nice! That's a species I'd like to get my hands on at some point (there are enough breeders working with them here to make that feasible, there are just other priorities for me T-wise at the moment).
This is my priority list at the moment. Tho ga get added here and there but for the most part I only prioritize tho ga with limited availability or things new to the market. Don’t get me wrong, my list is a lot longer but until some things hit the states like Typhoclaena costae, H doriae etc, it stays the same and shrinks LOL
  • Pamphobeteus solaris
  • Psalmopoeus sp Panama (black orchid)
  • Ornithoctoninae sp. Jaroslava
  • Ornithoctoninae sp. Hon sej
  • Ornithoctoninae sp. Orange violet
  • Haplopelma Hainanum
  • Haplopelma robustum
  • Ornithoctoninae Sumatran tiger
  • Taskinus bambus

curtisgiganteus

Old Timer
Jesus, most of those are hard to come by even over here (most of these are in the hobby in Korea, but in very low numbers-O. sp. "Sumatran tiger", robustum, and hainanum are probably the easiest to find followed by solaris)
I have a line on T bambus, Sumatran tiger, H robustum, P sp Panama, and P Solaris. I know of one person working with O sp orange violet, one with jaroslava, and a couple people working with hon sej. I already have 0.0.7 O sp Hana. Hainanum eludes me. So much so that I bought 4 from a site just to get an email that they hadn’t even been in stock and he refunded me…

CrazyOrnithoctonineGuy

Arachnoknight
I have a feeling T. bambus (which is on my priority list) is going to be the hardest for me to pull off.

Last edited:

arthurliuyz

Arachnoknight
Arachnosupporter +
I have a feeling T. bambus (which is on my priority list) is going to be the hardest for me to pull off.
:cool:

More:

CrazyOrnithoctonineGuy

Arachnoknight
Most of these I could get without too much trouble (already have schmidti), but Taksinus....never seen one on dealer's lists.

curtisgiganteus

Old Timer
I’m regards to the Ho Chi Minh DCF, have you seen any variation in setae coloration between the color forms as slings?

arthurliuyz

Arachnoknight
Arachnosupporter +
Most of these I could get without too much trouble (already have schmidti), but Taksinus....never seen one on dealer's lists.
Yeah, that one is really rare here as well. Also had to do some digging for the Ornithoctoniae sp. "Bakan" and Ornithoctonus sp. "Khao Sok", but the other ones I can find for sale everywhere.

I’m regards to the Ho Chi Minh DCF, have you seen any variation in setae coloration between the color forms as slings?
I do not have the normal form of this species, and I bought my DCF as a 10cm DLS confirmed female, so I don't think I'm gonna be much help here.

Last edited: