Ordering two slings..which sp?

schlinkey

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yup i'm placing an order for two slings tomorrow, and the choices: B.Emilia, B.Boehme, B.Smithi and P.Regalis (i already have an adult female). So only two of these.. All the Brachys; are they insanely sloooow growers? Dunno if i'd like a sp that takes three years to reach 3".. So should I go two regalis' or one regalis and a Brachy? (and if so, which brachy?)

Cheers

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I got a B.smithi in June, it was aprox. 1 1/4". Its at least 3" now.
That's not slow. Their long lived, but they grow to adulthood at a pretty good rate. IMO :)

Ern

schlinkey

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
ooh ok.. so what would you buy then? the boehmei's sure look beautiful.. *can't make up my mind*

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I'd buy the boehmei. I saw one at a local shop here, and I wanted it bad. It was freshly molted and it was stunningly beautiful. But it was $90.00, and I'm afraid it would molt out male.

And I'd get the B. smithi. but thats just me. I have two of them. Good luck, I'm sure you'll be happy with any of them. :D :D

E

U

Unregistered

Originally posted by schlinkey
Yup i'm placing an order for two slings tomorrow, and the choices: B.Emilia, B.Boehme, B.Smithi and P.Regalis (i already have an adult female). So only two of these.. All the Brachys; are they insanely sloooow growers? Dunno if i'd like a sp that takes three years to reach 3".. So should I go two regalis' or one regalis and a Brachy? (and if so, which brachy?)

Cheers
take the easy way out and order all of em! another good reason to order more at one time is that it makes the shipping cost easier to swallow.
IMHO the boehmei have some of the most irritating urticating hairs, but this is made up for their stunningly gorgeous colors especially right after a molt. I have three boehmei, a large adult female, a 4" juv female and a 4" juv male....out of the three the male is a frantic hair kicker at just about any disturbance of its enclosure.
Ed

U

Unregistered

I have B. smithi and emilia, I don't think either is a bad choice. My B. smithi has been growing very steadily. Not as fast as some of my baboons, but there is definite growth with each molt.

schlinkey

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
yeah i would totally love ordering all of em ;) but since i'll be moving soon, I will have a shortage of space. Mebbe a Regalis and a Boehmei then? (and with my luck, both will probably be males :p)

Last edited:

LaRiz

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
regalis...

Go for the P. regalis. If it turns out to be male, great!, if it turns out to be female, great!
john

schlinkey

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Done!

OK I ordered a B.Boehmei and a P.Regalis sling. Can't wait till they show up! =D :} :} =D