Ordering during cold weather

Mark77

Arachnopeon
Are there methods for mail ordering T's during winter months? I live near Chicago and it's currently down to the low 40's at night. I would like to purchase some new T's, but I would normally wait until spring.

So is there a method for mail ordering during cold months? If not are there any breeders/suppliers near me that you would recommend? Am I just going to have to wait?

Thanks!

WARPIG

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Folks use heat packs for T's during extreme cold weather. But I have received T's in the 40's with no problem without, I would not chance it in the dead of winter.
If its something really expensive I would get it sent over night with a heat pack.

PIG-

Big_nito

TRISKELION
Old Timer
Ordering Ts during cold months isnt really a problem especially if you are getting it from an experienced hobbyist. I got my Ts all year round from different AB members. So far so good. Its same as getting Ts during extremely hot summer. Its doesnt matter what time of year if you get it from reputable people...

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I always use a heat pack if I am shipping anywhere that gets chilly. It is cheap insurance.....btw,I lived in RFD for 20+ years......

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
sometimes.......Just be sure that whomever ships to you uses an insulated box as well. They are too easy to make;there is zero excuse for not using one in cold weather.