Orange Huntsman Spider

Spartan98

Arachnopeon
Does anyone know a site were I can order these to Texas? thanks

Last edited:

hexen84

Arachnopeon
my guess the reason no one answered is because either no one knew of one or no one knew what species your talking about because you used a comman name for it. Also you should try posting in the classifieds.

hey everyone else since it is my first post on the site ever =P I've been lurking for a long time now.

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
i think i know the ssp. your talking about,i think botar had some,but i'm not sure if he still has them,i could be wrong though. good luck.

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
If you mean these, I have them. I've got some more pictures from Randy coming soon of other species as well.

edie

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
If you mean these, I have them. I've got some more pictures from Randy coming soon of other species as well.
are you selling them? i just went to your site and i didn't see any

Spartan98

Arachnopeon
Thanks for the replies, I havn't been on in a while. Botar that is the spider I was talking about, i'm thinking of trying to keep one. Are they difficult? This would be my first arachnid actually. I don't plan on handling them at all since they're so skittish.

gunslinger

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Man that Randy sure takes KILLER photos. you should toss a list up of the True Spiders on your site Botar. If you start breeding these and bring them into the hobby :clap:

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Man that Randy sure takes KILLER photos. you should toss a list up of the True Spiders on your site Botar. If you start breeding these and bring them into the hobby :clap:
Done... it took me a while to make the updates, but I've decided to leave the listing up when something sells out and just indicate they are out of stock. Since I sell Randy's pictures too, I thought I should probably leave them up full time.

As for the true spiders, I have sacs of the orange huntsman, tan huntsman, green huntsman (but the sac doesn't look good), and the black/gold true spider pictured below. Unfortunately the black/gold has died, but the sac looks good.

Spartan98

Arachnopeon
Done... it took me a while to make the updates, but I've decided to leave the listing up when something sells out and just indicate they are out of stock. Since I sell Randy's pictures too, I thought I should probably leave them up full time.

As for the true spiders, I have sacs of the orange huntsman, tan huntsman, green huntsman (but the sac doesn't look good), and the black/gold true spider pictured below. Unfortunately the black/gold has died, but the sac looks good.
thanks for the help! I think i'll wait till you get captive bred huntsmans however since you say you have the egg sacs. Then there it will probobly live longer for me.

gunslinger

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
3 Cheers for Botar! I saw the site updates. And that black and gold spider is freakin sweet. I think leaving the pics up is a good idea. Even if not in stock I can at least see whats offered from time to time or has been out there in the past.

BTW Botar do you have a pic of this green huntsman?

Last edited:

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
3 Cheers for Botar! I saw the site updates. And that black and gold spider is freakin sweet. I think leaving the pics up is a good idea. Even if not in stock I can at least see whats offered from time to time or has been out there in the past.

BTW Botar do you have a pic of this green huntsman?

Not yet, but someone posted a picture in the Malaysian ID thread. I think it was someone from Germany that posted the picture and the scientific name it is be sold under in Europe. I guess the ID could be sketchy.

KyuZo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
hi,
can anyone tell me if these spiders can be house communally? also, i just set up a nice aboreal tank, so i am looking for something that doesn't make a lot of web and is more active. would a huntsman be the spider that i should look in to? pretty large tank with a lot room to move around.
thank you in advance,
jason

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
i just got 1 awesome spider! but i don't think they can be put together,very aggressive eaters too:clap:

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
They don't web up much, but not certain I would try a communal set up. The black and gold spider sac is at first instar now. The tan huntsman babies (Tychicus sp. I've been told) are at second instar. I have four of the orange huntsman sacs now at varying degrees of development and the green sac was bad... hoping for more.

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hey Botar,

Did you breed these guys or just get WC gravids?
WC gravids... haven't had mature male/female pairs of anything but the green huntsman yet. Separating out 2nd instar tan huntsman right now. I have a friend who has an interesting theory that the reds and tans may actually be the same species and just sexually dimorphic. I'm going to keep a good number of the tan babies to find out. Being huntsmen, I would expect them to grow rather quickly.