Opinions on the sex of this P. smithi

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Just wanted some opinions on the sex of this P. smithi, it molted 2days ago and is 4.5". Couldn't use photobucket due to it is down for maintenance.

My vote is Female.

Attachments

joshuai

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Looks female to me also, congrats! I cant wait to get mine!

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
:clap:Female:clap:
She has some legs & very pretty on the underneath (The pediplaps have a lot of hair them LOL)....this is a bad pic but why not post it LOL This was her in her cube, she will be in a 5 gal tonight.

recluse

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I think it looks female to me. The only thing that is a little bit confusing is the dark patch above the furrow. The patch is not in the right spot for epiandreous fusillae though. I am no expert on pokies though...... in my opinion one of the hardest arboreals to sex.

Mamisha-X

Arachnosquire
I think it is male.... I understand why you would think female but I do lean towards male :/ I could be wrong

rustym3talh3ad

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
i as well believe male. Poecilotheria are slightly hard to sex at times but at that size there should be a wider "opening" and the spot is really kind of confusing me. Rob, have you sexed it via exuvium or was it destroyed like so many other pokie molts?

rustym3talh3ad

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I think it looks female to me. The only thing that is a little bit confusing is the dark patch above the furrow. The patch is not in the right spot for epiandreous fusillae though. I am no expert on pokies though...... in my opinion one of the hardest arboreals to sex.
also, one thing to point out is that with most pokies (any of the ones i have/sexed) there isnt really a dark patch we are looking for as more of a bald spot right at the base of the mound. take for instance, my male poecilotheria of similar size.

as u can see theres a bald spot and the book lungs are more narrow. both of these are slightly apparent on Rob's P. smithi. this however is just my 200ths of a dollar.

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Male or female on this one. (4.75" P. metallica)

and alsothis one: (2"+ P. metallica)

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Top pic = male

Bottom pic = female
I do know the sex of both of these pics above (sexed by molt)...I want to see what everyone else says also, thanks for your reply Smitty :)