Operation Blondi Move (rather long)

Gillian

Arachnoblessed
Old Timer
Hi all,
Well, she's moved. And, no hairball on me..*g* I tried the gentle touch on the rump, to get her into a coffee can in front, but she jumped AND whirled to face "The Brush", and hissed louder than my python. (no lie) Ok. Step 2. I left her alone for an hour, to calm down.
Second try. I took the coffee can, and moving slowly, lowered it over her. I did get hysterical, as now she was hissing, and it was echoing in the can. *lmao*
Immediately, I got that "scared panic" feeling, knowing I had to slip something underneath, and then transfer her over to the 10G. (You know, arm pits stinging and itching, your chest stinging) I immediately told myself, "Knock that s&%$ off!" It worked, as I was able to transfer her over.
I lowered the can in, and left it there, pulling the lid away, carefully. She wandered out, and then launched into her first ever, threat display, when she saw me. (ok, it was a half-ass one). Her front legs were partially raised. She is still frozen in place, with her legs up, 2 hours later.
I was going to clean up my t room, but she's upset, so I'll do it tomorrow. I am proud of myself, for being able to do this, AND have my first ever t handling, all in one day. I know this is probably a normal occurance for a lot of you..:) Now, for the first time EVER, I truly feel like a real and true arachnid keeper..*happy grin*
Peace,
Gillian

Devildoll

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Gillian!!!! good for you!

it takes a lot to move a species like that when you arn't accustomed to highly aggresive spiders.... it sounds like you were on fire tonite though!

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Congrats Gillian. I'm always amazed at the strength they have when the hit the side of the "catch can" trying to defend themselves... never ceases to scare me.

Botar

Gillian

Arachnoblessed
Old Timer
Thanks guys..
I did have a great t day, Devildoll. Botar, I too, heard her clanging away at the can. I was mighty thankful there was a can between us...*phew* Incredibly awesome t's, though. Btw, how did your daughter's lil boy do, Botar?
Peace,
Gillian

Joy

Priestess of Pulchra-tude
Old Timer
Originally posted by Gillian
Now, for the first time EVER, I truly feel like a real and true arachnid keeper..*happy grin*
Peace,
Gillian
Congratulations, Gillian! To honor your victory, I have composed the following laudatory verse:

A stridulating blondi doth
Strike terror to the heart of man;
Yet Gillian quelled the fearsome beast
With dauntless will and coffee can!

Joy

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Don't know yet. He'll be facing Phillip's "Large Marge". He's posted pictures of her on here before. She's quite the specimen. I'm sure he'll get munched, but I hope he gets one or two in her first.

Botar

Gillian

Arachnoblessed
Old Timer
Re: Re: Operation Blondi Move (rather long)

Originally posted by Joy
Congratulations, Gillian! To honor your victory, I have composed the following laudatory verse:

A stridulating blondi doth
Strike terror to the heart of man;
Yet Gillian quelled the fearsome beast
With dauntless will and coffee can!

Joy
=D hahahahahaha!!=D
Thanks, Joy..:)
Peace,
Gillian

Gillian

Arachnoblessed
Old Timer
Originally posted by Botar
Don't know yet. He'll be facing Phillip's "Large Marge". He's posted pictures of her on here before. She's quite the specimen. I'm sure he'll get munched, but I hope he gets one or two in her first.

Botar
ACH! LARGE MARGE!? He better move quick..that's a big -----sorry..:D
(if you've seen Deuce Bigelow, you'll know what I was going to say..*bg*) I've seen pics of Marge..
Peace,
Gillian