OOPS, major newb error

Jobe

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I now think that what i thought was my male H.lividum, might actually be a C. paganus :p Kinda heavy on the leg and ab stripes...
My bad!

I must get a digicam soon, at least a visual aid helps...

But heres my main question, i saw a H. Lividum in the shop with barely any blue sheen on the legs, although there was a 'little' blue there on the legs....it was mostly brown in color, with a similar ab to the female...

Is it possible for that to be a male? or do males have ABSOLUTELY no blue sheen on them? :?

If that might be a male, im gonna go for him on wednesday when i pick up my king baboon....

:D thanks again ppl!

jwb121377

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Its hard to see the blue on the females in certain lighting, but when you get the right lighting its bright. My female looks black at first then with the right light is a deep blue. Males I belive have no blue at all. I have not seen a male in person, but others have told me so when I was buying one.

Last edited:

Jobe

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well, the females pretty easy to see the blue...i have a female, that under fluorescent possitively goes electric...tho not as beautiful as some that i have seen online :)

But all i wanna know about is if theres a chance that the male has any blue whatsoever on his legs, although he is mostly brown...

Thanks for the quick reply jwb :)

veronyka

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
From what I've been told, if I remember correctly, is that the males have mostly brown on their legs while the females are mostly blue. When I bought mine, she and all the other girls were blue, and there was one male, he was mostly brown. I would show a pic of my h. lividium but she looks charcoal grey on film. In person, she's dark blue and has an attitude to boot!

Jobe

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I think its me, but C. Paganus and Male H.Lividums look really similar...

Any tips to be sure to identify them correctly?

Btw, thanks Veronyka :)
did ur male have any blue at all ?

Last edited:

veronyka

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I only got the female, but the male was in the store, and he was pretty much brown. All the females were a dark metallic blue and the male was sort of a dark chocolate color. I don't recall seeing any blue on him but I could be mistaken since I only looked at him for about 30 seconds.

Jobe

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yeah, ive been there, thats where i initially thought my T was a male H. Lividum....its just that now i realise that the markings on my t's abdomen are a bit more prominent...initially thought that it was a juvenile trait...then i saw a pic of C.Paganus, and now im just unsure...

Thanks a lot tho', Joost :)