ood beginner wolf spider species?

pentapede

Arachnopeon
I would like to keep wolf spiders and was wondering if anyone would be willing to suggest a specise, and provid me with some basic care information. thanks in advance :)

Tbone192

Arachnoknight
Any local wolf spider species should do the trick. If it's local you don't need to worry about temp and humidity as much which already makes it pretty easy to care for. Small water dish, plenty of cover, doesn't need as much sub as T's. Make sure the enclosure is big enough for your spider, wolfies like to wander around. 4-5 times their length should be good and width maybe 2-3.5 times their length, just as a general rule for wolf spiders. Making it too big will be fine, but it will make feeding and maintenance a bit more difficult. Good luck and keep us updated.

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
Any local wolf spider species should do the trick. If it's local you don't need to worry about temp and humidity as much which already makes it pretty easy to care for. Small water dish, plenty of cover, doesn't need as much sub as T's. Make sure the enclosure is big enough for your spider, wolfies like to wander around. 4-5 times their length should be good and width maybe 2-3.5 times their length, just as a general rule for wolf spiders. Making it too big will be fine, but it will make feeding and maintenance a bit more difficult. Good luck and keep us updated.
Depends were you live I never see wolf spiders anymore here . And the larger variety only lives in the country. Easier to buy them online , for op personally with prices I’d get a tarantula too. If site sells both wolfs don’t live long . Last wolf I caught only lived a few months . Caught as adult .

Tbone192

Arachnoknight
Here is the enclosure (I just went outside and caught a female rustic wolf).
You could add some more raised plant cover if you wanted to really ball out on your new friend. Fake terrarium plants work great but whatever fits the budget.

pentapede

Arachnopeon
So i just went overboard and bought a 2.5 gallon fish tank as her new setup...

pentapede

Arachnopeon
I just fed her a pinhead and she absolutely destroyed it!! I did not get to see the takedown though.

aaarg

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
in my experience wolf spiders are good at grabbing prey before you get a chance to see the takedown lol

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
in my experience wolf spiders are good at grabbing prey before you get a chance to see the takedown lol
Yeah I can’t find them here unless I dig in the garden and there too small to keep , they are hunting masters .