One Stop Supply Shop? And a few other ?'s

King of Sting

Arachnopeon
Ok so I did some searching and I didn't really find what I was looking for. I need a website that carries either a wide selection, or the best products on the market. I’m looking for heat pad, 75w-150w floodlights, infrared heat lights, infrared heat emitters, humidity & Temperature gauges, tank décor, and high quality sand. I would really love to get all the stuff from one online dealer.

So was there ever an agreement of what the best sand is for scorpions? Jurassic, Aqua Terra, T-Rex, Zoo Med, Calici-Sand, or play sand? What’s the best? Price doesn’t matter.

As I have mentioned before I’m planning on keeping my tank in a cabinet in the garage. I haven’t been able to decide what would be best, wood, metal, or that white plastic like material they make a lot of cabinets out of. If I were to make it out of wood (which I’m leaning towards), I’m not sure what kind of wood will do the best job keeping the humidity level really low (Androctonus, Parabuthus). Oak, Hickory, Pine, or Cedar? Any of you have any knowledge on what woods are best for this application? I am going to use 3 lights in the cabinet 2 infrared heat lamps above the tank to the left and to the right, and 1 floodlight above the tank in the middle. So heat should be fine, but Humidity makes me nervous, I want to make sure I don’t pick a material that makes it hard to keep the level low. Help please. :confused:

I think I’ve asked the same things before, sorry if its repetitive. :8o Thanks in advance. :)

ScorpDude

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I know, it wasn't specificially a message to him, but people might read this and be in a similar position as him, but live in the uk.

King of Sting

Arachnopeon
Thanks SpiderShoppe, thats what I was looking for. Do you have a favorite out of the four you listed?

Thanks ScorpDude too, even though I'm on the other side of the pond. Still helpful to others though.

Michael Jacobi

ARACHNOCULTURE MAGAZINE
Old Timer
King of Sting said:
Thanks SpiderShoppe, thats what I was looking for. Do you have a favorite out of the four you listed?
Any of them, especially the first two. Compare price, MJ

Schlyne

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I think the general conensus is that play sand is best.

(I still haven't gotten into the scorp world, but I've done a lot of research on it. No scorps this year, I just picked up a new snake).

esox76

Arachnopeon
I think the consensus was that if the best=cheapest, then play sand is the best....In the latest sand discussion it was said that any sand is fine as long as it's clean...including "calci-sand". I used Zoo Med Repti-Sand for my H. arizonensis and it seems to be holding his burrow exceptionally well....by wetting and packing, the stuff dried super hard.