One of these days...

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I think you fellow Arachnofriends know how much I love my T's.
I don't care if their missing legs, their color is drab, or how much work they can be. I love all my T's.

But, why oh why can't I get a female B. smithi. I've bought two juve. B. smithi's in the past year, to the tune of $130.00 and they are both males. Their slow growers as we all know, so I'll have them for a good, long time, which is great. And their super good looking.
I'm not unhappy with the spiders. I'm unhappy with my luck..

Sooo, One of these days....

Ernie

mebebraz

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
cant you buy one thats already sexed? or were these already sexed as females and turned out males?

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Joy said in an earlier link, that she believes that if you get the smaller slings from an egg sac, they will most likely be female. The last time that I ordered tarantulas from Swifty, I asked him to pick out the smaller ones of each species that I was getting. He told me that he tried to find the smaller ones for me. Now I'm just waiting for them to grow so I can see.

BTW, anyone know where Joy is? Haven't seen her on here for a while.

Jon

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
Originally posted by MrT
I think you fellow Arachnofriends know how much I love my T's.
I don't care if their missing legs, their color is drab, or how much work they can be. I love all my T's.

But, why oh why can't I get a female B. smithi. I've bought two juve. B. smithi's in the past year, to the tune of $130.00 and they are both males. Their slow growers as we all know, so I'll have them for a good, long time, which is great. And their super good looking.
I'm not unhappy with the spiders. I'm unhappy with my luck..

Sooo, One of these days....

Ernie
That sucks! maybe when my B.smithi grows up and is a female we can do a 50/50 split! it is 1" right now! maybe 2-3 years or longer before its full grown! anyway you can always get other smithi by breeding your males! Good Luck!

James