OMG!!!!! WOW! I want!

invertepet

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Yep, Cyriocosmus leetzi. They're quite small as adults (about 2" or less if memory serves). But they're indeed gorgeous. Not really available in the hobby at the moment, but you never know. ;)

bill

Raveness

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yeah, I know, I have seen them on birdspiders.com and another site but never in the hobby. You or somebody needs to go collect some ;) lol I'd buy a ton!

The_Phantom

Scarlet O' Hairy
Old Timer
THATS THE COOLEST T EVER.....but Red knees still my fave...:)

Vys

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Looks like someone spooked him out for Halloween :)

EDIT: and yeah I know, that prolly wasn't very correct english.

Last edited:

Valael

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Heh, damn...they ARE small. Awesome looking, though.

T

Tarantula

That picture is amazing. Not only are they puny, but ist is strange to see a tarantula mating on somebodys hand.

Raveness

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
wow!!! Great pic!!! Thanks for showing it! Man to think they are full grown.

Originally posted by monantony
Raveness
Since you liked That picture so much... here is one for scale reference, as it appeared in the arachnidspix list, oct 2001 or so...
Spider patch had them a couple years back and Candace (midwest marvels) had a couple then..
Tony
PS I forgot to add, greentracks recently canceled their T trip to Trinidad...Rick had said collecting permits were obtainable too.Cambridgei, cyriocosmus leetzi or elegans is there...Alas....

The_Phantom

Scarlet O' Hairy
Old Timer
OMG, they look like slings. SAY....What is the worlds smallest tarantula ??? That one ???

Raveness

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Nope there is one that is the size of the tip of a pin!

Bob the thief

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Oh man I've always been looking for miniature T's like that ;) .

Harder than it seems...

anyone know of any that are out there for sale?

The_Phantom

Scarlet O' Hairy
Old Timer
I bet they are SERIOUSLY expensive !! :eek: It would be worth it though, to say I have 50 tarantulas but they dont take up that much space cuz theyre only this small ! =D

krystal

Arachnodite
Old Timer
s_s--if it's size you're concerned about, why not collect the common household spider? the reason i got into tarantulas are because they are the biggest! (and because it's an unusual hobby, and everyone is grossly fascinated, blah blah blah...)

i understand, s_s. your brain's still not-right from your fresh air "me, pa and gramdma" vacation to thetis island! :p

Brian and Terri

Arachnopeon
Another mini

The spruce fir moss spider, Microhexura montivaga (a tarantula) measurews about 0.10 to 0.15 inch. About the size of a bb. Did a Google search on 'smallest tarantula' Found in the US.

Bob the thief

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
tarantulas have a certain kind of appeal and body structure spiders dont have.

Thats why I like the miniature ones.
Its like owning a spiderling that never grows up.

Garrick

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Warning- a nit-picky comment follows:

Microhexura is a Mygalomorph genus (the same suborder that tarantulas are in), but not a tarantula.
The cool thing is that there are about 1900-2000 known species of Mygalomorphs, (800-900 are Theraphosids), so there are about 1,200 or so spiders that are quite similar to T's, only small. As far as I know, Aphonopelma paloma is the smallest described tarantula.

-Garrick

Raveness

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I like them because of the fascinating marks! I don't exactly like t's because of their size... I think they are the most beauitful spiders.