OMG. My first moltttt

destinieshenell

Arachnopeon
I just got home from a friends, and when I went to check on Bubbles, she was flipped on to her back. She's never molted for as long as I've had her. She moved a bit when I went in there to check on her. Is that normal?

Bubbles is my G. rose tarantula

Salamanderhead

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Its normal. Just leave her alone. Dont stress her out. It might take hours and hours for her to finish.

hassman789

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yeah just don't even open up the enclosure anymore, you don't want to stress it out alot. Now you can sit back and enjoy, it's really intersting to watch!

Fyreflye

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
First molts are REALLY exciting, the whole process is just amazing! Congrats!

Falk

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I wonder how many of these of threads there are here.

hassman789

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
It seems like you always try to troll on the molting threads Falk! I'm sorry but thats how it seems. There is nothing wrong with documenting a molt, especially a first one!

Wheezy

Arachnopeon
Everyone complains about people actually using this forum and posting, what's the point in even joining a forum if your just going to complain about people saying things, stuff is going to get repeated, not everyone is a professional tarantula keeper, in fact, alot of people that use forums are new to something, seeking advice and knowledge. If you don't like what they say, or are tired of the same topics, don't read them?

Fyreflye

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
There is nothing wrong with documenting a molt, especially a first one!
Especially when the people here on the boards are just about the only people you CAN tell who won't be grossed out by the story.

Destinieshenell, VERY IMPORTANT- you probably already know, but since this is your first molt, i'll just give a reminder. :) Make sure that there are no crickets running loose in her home, and don't feed her for about 7-10 days (some people say 1, some say 2 weeks). Right now her body is soft, even her fangs- she couldn't bite very well even to protect herself!

B8709

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
It's a lot more exciting when you can see them when they molt. When my avic first molted in a mess of web, I could only see the outcome. I got to see the molting process of my Brachypelma. I went :eek::eek::eek::

Falk

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
It seems like you always try to troll on the molting threads Falk! I'm sorry but thats how it seems. There is nothing wrong with documenting a molt, especially a first one!
Always? How many therads have i been doing that?

hassman789

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Always? How many therads have i been doing that?
My apologies for exagerating (quite alot). But I have seen it before and the only time I've seen you post on a molting thread (only once) it was a comment like that. Again I'm sorry for that but that was just my first impression.

Falk

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
My apologies for exagerating (quite alot). But I have seen it before and the only time I've seen you post on a molting thread (only once) it was a comment like that. Again I'm sorry for that but that was just my first impression.
No problem

tarantulagooroo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I agree you do seem to troll on a few molting threads, for some people a first molt is like a baby taking its first steps. It is exciting. and I have yet to witness a molting process, I have only seen a molt lol

Vespula

Arachnodemon
Yay! Molts! They're always exciting. Trust me, they never get old!:D

Falk

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I agree you do seem to troll on a few molting threads, for some people a first molt is like a baby taking its first steps. It is exciting. and I have yet to witness a molting process, I have only seen a molt lol
I can understand that, but this forum is flooded with a lot of these kinds of threads.

GPulchra

Arachnoknight
I can understand that, but this forum is flooded with a lot of these kinds of threads.
There's nothing wrong with people posting their excitement. If you don't like threads like these, ignore them.

B8709

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
He's not a troll. He just doesn't know how to be polite.

BUT...This thread would belong more in the Tarantula Chat. Atleast that is periodically purged. Also, Original poster...You may want to do a little research on the species you own and what is and isn't normal. (This was normal for all by the way). Searching the forums would be good for you.
Congrats on the molt.