omg cute!

ember

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I will post a picture... I promise.

We just got back from our reptile store. Does anyone else have "their" store... you know, the only one you go to. The one you go to several times a week. You know all of the staff. They call YOU when they have questions. It is "your" store :) Some people have their coffee shops or their parks... we have "our" reptile store.

Anyway

We just got back, and with us now is the most TINY sandfire beardie. He is almost a year old, but still just barely more than hatchling size. He eats great, he is active, he is hydrated, he is alert... he just wont grow. In addition to that, he has a messed up back leg. His back right leg is very bowed and he does not use it much.

They did not want to put him down, but they (obviously) could not sell him. They asked us to take him, knowing that we will care for him and have him vetted, and regardless if he lives 6 months or 6 years, he will be spoiled with us. So yeah, of course we took him. He is PAINFULLY cute.

I will reply here shortly with photos.

We are trying to come up with a good name. :)

Edit: Here are the pictures!!! The lighter is there for a size reference. He's in a 5 Gal tank, which probably feels like a mansion to him...:D

Last edited:

DrGigglez666

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
cute

He is really cute I'm sure he'll be just fine!!!! Just keep feeding him and spoiling him he'll eventually grow some more. :razz:

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
crap he's the same size as my hatchling. Can't wait for it to grow up. I have a dilema now. With all my animals I'm spending to much on feeders I gotta start breeding. Nice pics.

compnerd7

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
that's so awsome! I have aklways wanted a beardie that stayed small and 'baby' like that... very neat!

ember

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I know! He still has the baby bobble head too... He is eating like mad (greens and crickets), but he is in no way thin... just stunted for some reason. I am okay with him no matter what he looks like... it is just rather convenient that he is way friggin adorable! :)

ember

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My husband has named the dragon Gimli (the dwarf from Lord of the Rings).

:)

ember

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Here is his setup for the night (heat lamp and low powered heat pad)

tkn0spdr

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
"(the dwarf from Lord of the Rings)"

Oh come on, you're talking to a bunch of geeks (me included). We all know who Gimli is. Probably most of us knew who he was before the movies came out. :D