OK so I panicked when I saw my Chilean on her back. I wasn't fully awake yet and I flipped her over.

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
Good to see that she is trying to finish, even if its an upright molt. You might get lucky.

use coco fiber but dont change it till about 2 weeks after she molts

Adenovirus19

Arachnopeon
Kim Cook: This reminds me a lot like medicine. Even though it is painful, and no one wants to be scrutinized, sharing your experiences when things don't go well is insanely beneficial to the rest of us and usually teaches us about important information. For example, you have heard from some impressive, accomplished T keepers already, yet none of us knows what will happen to your T. Probably safe to say that all of our collective experience with such things is zilch. So....thank you for sharing. And I hope you and your T will be alright in the near future. Good luck!

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
That last pic shows some hope. Now as worrying as it is I would turn the lights off and leave her to it. Check again a few hours. There is nothing else that can be done. Let nature take its course.

Kim cook

Arachnopeon
That last pic shows some hope. Now as worrying as it is I would turn the lights off and leave her to it. Check again a few hours. There is nothing else that can be done. Let nature take its course.
Thank you everybody, thank you so much.

Kim cook

Arachnopeon
Funny, you say that because I own one and I have learned from my mistakes. Trust me, I will never touch her again when she's molting.
So I just got home and she's completely out but on her back is that good or no

Jason B

Arachnosquire
please buy a book on tarantula care..... AND READ IT!
I don't know about that I feel like spending some time on these boards will give you more up to date information then most books. I mean they cover the basics good and all. I still have my books. But like the Tarantula Keepers Guide is 8 years old, and the hobby is advanced quite a bit but alot of the printed information I've founded hasn't.

A great example I have of this is if you google sick tarantula this is the first search that pops up and they even referenced the Tarantula Keepers guide. Again I'm not saying its a terrible book, but we've learned alot since 2009.

Kim cook

Arachnopeon
Yeah I know that touching the T during a molt is a big NO, but I've never come across an example where the T was flipped during its molt.. But wouldn't it be harder for the T to pull out if the legs were already curled a bit and you left it on those bent legs? I don't know man just speculating o_O
She's completely out but on her back. I'm scared she's dead I don't want to touch her. What should I do

Jason B

Arachnosquire
if she's out completly thats a good sign, and she should be ok, make sure she has water in her water bowl, and leave her be for about 2 weeks. Don't attempt to feed her during this period either.

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
Dont touch her its normal for them to be on their back for quite awhile till they recover. Since she went the extra mile to complete the molt it might take a bit before she flips back upright

Jason B

Arachnosquire
the worst thing you could do right now is touch her, even a poke could tear her and she is soft and her new exoskeleton needs to harden.