ok so i nearly pooped...

lil-blu

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
...when this thing ran across my foot. it scared the living daylights out of me. when i finally stopped acting like a 4 year old and caught it, and brought it outside. but if anyone can just confirm that this thing would not bite me or any of mine i would appreciate it.

thanks in advance:)

these things freak me out but i just love my 5in T's go figure.

KJE

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
We get those in our house all the time. I think it's a grass spider, but I don't know the scientific name. If it bites you it's not going to do much damage.

Bayushi

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
it's one of these species.... if that helps

Agelenopsis actuosa (USA, Canada)
Agelenopsis aleenae (USA)
Agelenopsis aperta (USA, Mexico)
Agelenopsis emertoni (USA)
Agelenopsis kastoni (USA)
Agelenopsis longistyla (USA)
Agelenopsis naevia (USA, Canada)
Agelenopsis oklahoma (USA)
Agelenopsis oregonensis (USA)
Agelenopsis pennsylvanica ((USA)
Agelenopsis potteri (North America)
Agelenopsis spatula (USA)
Agelenopsis utahana (USA, Canada, Alaska)

SnakeManJohn

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Looks to be a wolf spider. I open my garage door every night and see a few run across the floor lol. Huge ones, newly hatched babies..you name it.

Pulk

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i would also guess it's a wolf spider because of the appearance and also that it ran across your foot inside the house. grass spiders stay in their funnel webs all the time.

pitbulllady

Arachnoking
Old Timer
This is most likely a "rabid Wolf spider", Rabidosa rabida, so-named because of their appetite, not because they are rabid or vicious. Aegilenopsis, or "grass spiders", are related to the Tegenarias and construct a similar "funnel web", which they very rarely leave. Grass spiders also have very long, pointed and prominant spinnerettes, which this spider lacks.

pitbulllady

lil-blu

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
well that works for me. i just hate these things so much the scare the crap out of me.

Ted

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
to be quite honest..i have handled thousands of them..they are everywhere in texas.
i have never been bitten by a single spider in 39 years...you should be fine.
they are really just anxious to get away..never seen one go through a defensive mode yet.