ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
Acanthascurria geniculata, ~4.5 inches.

Here is the unedited picture.

Attachments

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
And here is where I'm confused.. am I supposed to be looking for Epiandrous fusilae where I have blue? or in the yellow area?

The pink is the Epigastric furrow, correct? It's quite bulged, and has a bit of a split to it as well..

So what are we guessing here?

Bill

Attachments

Tangled WWWeb

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
The epiandrous fusilae usually appears as a streak or triangular patch in the area that you have marked in yellow. From that pic, I would say female.

Tangled WWWeb

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
To be more precise, I would extend your yellow area down to encompass the area starting at the furrow line and above.

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
She's a hairy girl, she needs to wax. LOL :}

invertepet

Arachnolord
Old Timer
JP is right - the epiandrous area is the yellow section. I also agree on it being female, esp. if there's a bulge.

As for MrT's comment - Bwahahahaha!

bill

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Another thing to keep in mind with genics is that the e. fusilae are *very* prominent compared to many species, which makes sexing juveniles a snap. Not only is there no thickening of the furrow, there's a big, black dot above it that says, "I'm a boy".

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
Originally posted by Code Monkey
Another thing to keep in mind with genics is that the e. fusilae are *very* prominent compared to many species, which makes sexing juveniles a snap. Not only is there no thickening of the furrow, there's a big, black dot above it that says, "I'm a boy".

You mean on a male, not the one pictured, right?

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Originally posted by conipto
You mean on a male, not the one pictured, right?
Well, yes, I thought that was obvious from what I said ;)

Your T looks very female visually. As always a moult is needed for 100% confirmation, though.