Ok.....Im moving....What to do with my T's??

That Guy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Ok, I live in GA. Im moveing to California. How do I send my T's? With a package that says: Live animal, keep warm, this side up, fragile? And put some heat packs in it? I called the airpost and they said I couldnt bring them on with me. What do I do?

D-Man

Arachnochicano
Old Timer
If I remember correctly, you're moving with your dad in Sac. Copy the packing technique you've seen with your mail order T's and send them to your dad. Go to your nearest FedEx or UPS drop-off site (call them for a location). Just tell them it's "fragile goods." Or, arrange shipment the same day you leave and be there for the arrival.

Dario

skadiwolf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
or...as another alternative you could simply give me all your Ts as i'd be EVER so grateful! :D

...just a thought. ;)

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Are you flying outthere with just some clothes? Or are you actually getting a truck and driving cross country? Because if you are driving, you could just put all your spiders into small critter keepers and pack their terrariums. That is what I did when I moved to Vegas from Kansas City.

Jon

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I just moved from Boston to Minneapolis with my whole brood -- i got some good tips, but aren't you flying?

was that you that brought this up a couple weeks back?

peace
dave

safetypinup

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I would just send them next-day air to your new address, or somewhere you know you will be able to pick them up when you get there. Don't ship USPS--I would recommend FedEx or Airborne Express. I can tell you how to pack them if you want. Send me a PM if you need help.

Also, no need to mark the box "live animals". Most shipping companies don't like to ship animals.
Just a heads up :)

luther

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I'd seriously consider Skadiwolf's suggestion. "EVER" so grateful? Blimey! Where's my blood pressure pills?

That Guy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I am flying. I am flying alone. I can send it to my dads house, but im afarid of him killing my T's. Hes an arachnophobe.

rapunzel

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
but then what do you

plan on doing when you get there?
He has to know you have them, imagine what would happen if you didn't tell him?

The alternative is to ship them out the day you are flying out. That way, you are there to accept the package.
Good luck.

That Guy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
He knows I have them.. I have a SAMLL collection(If you can call it that:)) I Only have a A.Seemani(Juv, female) and an A.Avic(sub-adult, male)

Bry

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Sorry to change the subject, but I figured this was relevant without starting a whole new thread. I just have one quick question:

I am driving from GA to Colorado in July. I still have the deli cups that the spiders came in, complete with substrate. I figured I would put the Ts back in their respective deli cups, and then put them in a small container, this would prevent too much bouncing around, and be less traumatic on the Ts. What do you guys think?

Bry

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Here we go: I just drove 1000 miles with my Ts!

So i bought 12 big coolers ($3.50 a piece for an extra large one ), and i filled it with some substrate. I got some eggcrates and newspapers and i put all my T's in tupperware with copious vent holes, and i packed them fairly tight with substrate, enough to keep them from bouncing around, but i also kept a small amount of room in case any of my kids decided to molt on the way up!

Then i packed the T's in the coolers (i think i got about 8 in each stryrofoam cooler). I poked some vent holes, but not too many. Enough to keep the warmth and humidity, but enough to get some air flow.

I did this for most of my adult/juvie T's, and I shipped about 30 of my slings out, and I had my friend take a couple out for me in their tanks (big guys that had a real tight burrow.)

thats that!
It worked great, they ate, and each night i stopped at the hotel, i'd take the Ts up into my room and feed them.

Some of the more humidity-dependent ones needed to be misted (i put some extra vermiculite in their tupperwares).

that's that!
good luck!
peace
dave

PM me if you want to talk further!