Ok I'm Back !!

BigSam

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Ok I'm back, remember me?? I was the one with the rose hair that came from MrT. Go ahead and thank him. I haven't been in this form for so long, but now I'm back. I have 10 Brazilian salmons on the way to the house. I kinda need help with the Brazilian salmon. I need some advice on how to take care of it. I have the humidity and the temp problem down. I need to know if that T is a climber or if he stay'z on the ground. How should I handle this thing if it is Defensive?? Any other advice would be good.

Thank'z

Sam,

TheSpiderHouse

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
If you are getting slings, handling shouldn't be a problem. As they grow, they become more defensive. They tend to flick hairs at just about anything. They are pretty defensive, in that anything that moves in thier cage they are likely to mistake for food. I wouldn't recommend handling these guys when they are adults.. at least until you are very familiar with them. For the most part they stay on the ground. Sometimes they will climb the sides of the enclosure though (so its a good idea to have substrate high enough that if one fell it wouldn't rupture an abdomen). Mine has never burrowed (though it does move dirt around) or gone into its retreat. It seems to prefer to sit out in the open, and sometimes sits on top of its retreat. I would recommend a pair of long tongs for removing bolus's and such when they are adults. Oh yeah, and they have a pretty large appetite. It seems that if they ever refuse food, then there is a molt coming up.

heres my sub adult (5") with 2 superworms in its fangs..

BigSam

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Oh Come On

Oh come on you guyz you can do better then that I'm sure that there is more info on them then that. I'm sure that more people then Delonigan have some of these spiders. Ernie where you at man?? Code monkey any body have some of these??

Vys

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I know it feels disappointing when hardly anyone responds, or worse no one, but I think Delonigan covered most of it.

I can only add that at least when they're sub-adults, and I presume grown up also, they get several week-long pre- and postmolt fasts, when they just act funny around prey. And they're really brown as little potatoes until they get reach...sub-adulthood? I'm not sure if they only get black and pink when they mature, or a bit before that.

Arachnopuppy

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
My philosophy on how to take care of tarantulas you have never taken care of: keep substrate moist but not wet, always remove uneaten food, always keep a water dish if you have anything = or > 2", and make observation everyday (if not every second of your life). Oh, and did I mention the fact that I never have any reaction to urticating hair?=D =D =D

LPacker79

ArachnoSpaz
Old Timer
I have one that I got back in January. At 1.5" it did resemble a little potato and was pretty docile. At it's next molt it was pink and black and has stayed that way. It also is more prone to flick hair. It's almost 3 inches now and is beautiful.
They're really easy to keep. All my T's are kept at room temperature (never below 70 degrees), and my parahybana is at about 75% humidity.
I'm also getting a bunch of L. parahybana slings (the 15 that Pronty won) and I plan on keeping them the same way. I don't handle mine, but I'm not really into handling my T's that much.

Sean

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I have one sits on its hide all day and flicks hairs everytime you put your hand in there is pretty active very cool spider, where abouts do you live in az sam???

BigSam

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Man these spiders sound like really cool spiders to keep and to raise up. I'm looking forword to getting these spiders.

Sean, I live in Mesa, Arizona
Why do you ask??:confused:

Sean

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Oh you live on the eastside, i asked because i was going to see if you where intrested in selling a couple, thats all i live on the westside of phoenix by westview high school

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
BigSam,
Sorry I'm late dude, but some of us have to work to afford all these T's. Unlike you lucky few who win them and get the summer off.LOL

I only have one salmon, and its a 1 1/4" sling.
Its always ready for a meal and is starting to get color now.
Seems happy to me. I hope so.
Let me know when your ready for a new rosea sling, and I'll hook you up.
:D

Ern

BigSam

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Sean I will not be selling these little spiders, you said that you live by westview highschool. I'm over on that side alot because my cousin goes to that school and lives over there as well.

MrT you always have something funny to say don't you...LOL I'm like that too. What are you talkin about on that affording the T'z I've seen your house and I'm that age to know whats up, and I know thats a bigass house and is probably worth a lot of money. MrT I'm not just gonna take T'z from you, I'll pay you or come up with a trade.

MrT I don't know if you have been to pets inc in a while, anywayz have you seen there mexican red knee?? I think it is nice and at a good size and I know that there easy to care for. I want to trade 5 brazilan salmon slings for it, is it a good trade or will that guy be jacking me?? I'll say that he is about 2-3 inches big maybe a little bit bigger. Hit me back with what you think or I'll even trade with you for something.

Sam,

P.S. Don't get lost in your house on your way to the computer room... Your house is huge and is a big maze

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
BigSam,
Call Wayne at Pets Inc. and ask him what he'll trade.
Their pretty cheap down there, but maybe you can work a good trade. Let me know, and I'll drive you down there.;)

I wouldn't get a red knee unless its a girl. They cost to much to chance getting a male. IMO

Anyway, I'm glad to see you back here in T land.

Ernie

Sean

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Originally posted by BigSam
Sean I will not be selling these little spiders, you said that you live by westview highschool. I'm over on that side alot because my cousin goes to that school and lives over there as well.

MrT you always have something funny to say don't you...LOL I'm like that too. What are you talkin about on that affording the T'z I've seen your house and I'm that age to know whats up, and I know thats a bigass house and is probably worth a lot of money. MrT I'm not just gonna take T'z from you, I'll pay you or come up with a trade.

MrT I don't know if you have been to pets inc in a while, anywayz have you seen there mexican red knee?? I think it is nice and at a good size and I know that there easy to care for. I want to trade 5 brazilan salmon slings for it, is it a good trade or will that guy be jacking me?? I'll say that he is about 2-3 inches big maybe a little bit bigger. Hit me back with what you think or I'll even trade with you for something.

Sam,

P.S. Don't get lost in your house on your way to the computer room... Your house is huge and is a big maze

sam how much where they selling the red knee for???I went in 2 weekends ago and i didnt see it must of just got it, they can probably get like 15-20$ for those slings im guessing, you have too look at how much there selling the red knee for and how much they can get for the L.Parahybana

BigSam

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Man

Man, I went to pets inc today to buy a couple of containers for my new T'z, and they sold that mexican red knee:( Want to know the worst part is that he said that he would of traded 5 slings for for it too. Oh well, I'll just move on to another mexican red knee that I see. MrT, What esle should I try to get?? I want to trade these slings not sell them. I want to keep at least 3 of these little spiders. That means that I have 7 maxium to trade.

Any body esle have any comments on what I should get??
Feel free to post

Sam,

Gillian

Arachnoblessed
Old Timer
Sam,
I have a sling, at present. As babies (I've found) they can be slow to start growing. Mine stayed mostly burrowed. Now, he/she is out all the times, and eats like the proverbial bottomless pit. Its a bit small for me to make any snap judgements about its behavior, but its quite fearless.

It attacks crickets with such passion, that the crickets are usually broken in half, when it grabs them. I really wouldn't suggest handling them. I've heard some (Immortal_sin, some others) have handled them, but they have some os the most irritating bristles.

Mostly a out in the open kind of tarantula.

Peace,
Gillian