OK, I got two choices.

Exodus

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I thinking of getting a 3rd T as yalls know, I have narrowed it down to two either an Avicularia sp. or a Big burrower that Is aggresive yet not so aggresive as to bite my foot off, I'm leaning towards a Burrower, But the question is... What species is like that??Thank you for your advice

Thanx again,
Ben
P.S here's a cool picture

Last edited:

Exodus

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I dont want any comments on the Avicularia please.

AlbinoDragon829

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I say go with the burrower too. Asian and African species are probably the best bet there. Species such as Haplopelma, Hystocretes, Ptero something (I forget the complete name), Cithascarius, etc.

Exodus

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
RESPOND!!!! I NEED TO KNOW YOUR OPINION!!!

Weapon-X

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
re

well ok, i don't really know of any species that burrow that are'nt kinda at least psycho some what, but i'm no expert, i would go for a haplopelma or something that gets huge, king baboon, goliath, or camaroon red, but these are basicaly psychotic and will try to take your finger,lol, sorry

jwb121377

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I've had a few burrowers and I think there all kinda lame. I like them they are a Tarantula after all, but unless you don't mind ever seeing them then I would go with some thing else. My King baboon (C. crawshi) would be out of site for one maybe two months at a time! When I did see her it was like a major event. And even then she would be in sight for maybe a couple of minutes.

kellygirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
all of my curlies are burrowers...i have one that is about 2.5 inches and 14 that are about 1 inch. as i have found, curlies are big sweeties and i have really enjoyed watching mine grow so far! also, you can probably get a hold of one easily if you talk to miss holley (immortal_sin) because i think she has a few extras. ;)

i also have a b. vagans (mexican redrump) that likes to burrow. she's only about 1/2 inch but i've seen evidence online that shows this species burrows sometimes (i wont say always cause i dont know for sure). this is a beautiful new world species, in my opinion. there is a magnificent pic of one on phong's T site: http://www.bighairyspiders.com/pix/grinch7.jpg this pic was the one that got me interested in this species. it's too gorgeous to pass up! i think you can get em from kelly swift rather inexpensive.

anyways, just my 2 cents i guess.

kellygirl

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Kellygirl, my experience with Brachypelma slings is that many burrow to some degree when smaller. Once it hits about 3", though, expect that 'burrowing' curly to be lounging about and showing the world what a hairy beast it is.

Exodus

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I stil have no idea what to get...:?Perhaps a specific species that I can handle as a s'ling so it wont get very vicous later on?

Attachments

Last edited: