ok, can anyone help me out?

That Guy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Ok, I got an A. seemanni , and when i got it, it had a black spot on its rump. Now I think its molting, but I also think it might be a bruse or something. Any advice?

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Originally posted by hampton
Ok, I got an A. seemanni , and when i got it, it had a black spot on its rump. Now I think its molting, but I also think it might be a bruse or something. Any advice?
Is it flipped over on its back, or its side? The dark spot means a moult is coming up soon. But if its not on its back,or side, its not in the act of moulting.

Ernie

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I've never seen a tarantula bruise.

Is it a Bald black spot?

Since there's Nothing you can do about a tarantula bruise. If there is such a thing. Honestly I've never heard of it.

Prepare for a moult.

Up the humidity in her habitat to make it easier for her to moult and make sure theres NO Live Food in there with her.

Watch her behavior. And enjoy the moult.

It's So wild to watch one. Very ntensly interesting.

Do Not try and bother her while she's at it.

Just let her e and watch and give her a few days afterward before you feed her again.
About a week.

Hope this helps.

belewfripp

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I've seen abdominal marks that were unrelated to molting but usually they have had to do with some form of injury to the abdomen, whether a puncture wound or a bad removal of molted exoskeleton. If the spot is hairless, black and surrounded entirely by hair-covered areas, my guess is molt. If it is a black, hairless spot in the midst of tan, hairless skin, it might be something else.

Adrian