Oh no!!!

Bjorgly

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
OH my god i just dropped my entire thing ov about 30 crickets in my room (computer room, tarantula room, and my desk is in here too) so there is alot of places for them to hide. i've regatherted loke 1/2 of them. Any suggestions on lureing them out or catching them??

Thanks, Mark

Kenny

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
ooopsss

Hi

=D Welcome in the "club",,

I did the same thing some month ago and I just had to go for the good old hand-catch-hunt,,but I did one thing that seemed to work after a little while: I put some cold,boiled potatoes on the floor on different places and left the room dark and after 20 - 30 minutes some of them had come out to the smell of food.

Well,,I can't say it will work to 100% ,but you might get some.

Also I had this second thought about using them as T food afterwards , because I was thinking about with what things the floor had been cleaned with and if they had got it on them ,,and so on,,but hense, maybe my usual "paranoia",,:D

Kenny

Bjorgly

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Thanks

Thanks, I'll try that method for any more i see. But most of them feel victum to the vacum cleaner because i dont know how badly i wanted to feed them to my Ts after they'd been on the floor. I cought some of them with a big pair of forceps.

anyways, my A.Genuculata is doin great! I plopped in an appropriate sized cricket and in literally one second or less it was spent. I can see how good eaters these spiders are and how aggressive they are towards food!

All for now,

Mark

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
We have found some "non-toxic" mouse traps. They are just really, really sticky things. Placed in strategic places in the room they catch most stray crickets. The downside is that it could also catch an escapee of ours -- but since we haven't had one yet we don't worry too much.

Cheers,
Dave

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
Hey John,

You do know that you can edit your own posts here right??? :D

Scott

superbug

Arachnopeon
I Have tons of crickets in with my scorpions, whenever one of the little singing buggers escape they head for under the fridge cause they get much better acoustics. All i need to do is put egg carton down by they fridge and they'rew magically drawn to it!:cool:

Bearacuda42

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My Dog,,

My boston terrier hunts them down and then i catch them so what ever gets lose i can still use... ;P ;P

Devildoll

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i've found my sugar gliders are very happy to clean up after me:) sometimes i let my little bearded dragon go after the small ones:)