OBT Question

BrandonM

Arachnopeon
how long do females live?

P.S. Do they ever get less aggressive? or will she be a asshole forever

jt39565

Arachnoknight
She can live more than 10yrs, she isn't an asshole, and she is the way OBT's are. Had you done basic research prior to purchase or acquiring her you would have known what you were geting into.
I have 3 and think they are absolutely awesome T's ! I will be getting more.

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
OBT is commonly spelled out as "Orange bitey thing" - you get what you got! ;)

(P.S. - they are my favourites lol)

BigJ999

Arachnoknight
OBT's will never be nice but thats why I like them they have tons of personality even as slings. :D

BrandonM

Arachnopeon
yeah,she just bit me and i was a little mad, and yes it was my fault. I bought her on impulse, and the pet store clerk sid they were docile.......what a liar.

codykrr

Arachnoking
Old Timer
^ If it is anything like the bite I recieved from my 4 inch female a few years back, it wont be too much fun.

Have fun cramping up bud. {D Oh and the sweating will stop in about a day. the cold chills hoever lasted a while. and that throbbing pain near the bite site. that lasted for about 3 days for me.

or he could be lucky and recieved a bite from a smaller specimen. I was also tagged by a 2 inch sling that resulted in minor cramping and nausea.

BigJ999

Arachnoknight
Thats the reason they are also called Orange Demon Turantulas they certainly live up to the name.

jt39565

Arachnoknight
Some T's just should not be handled, no matter how "Docile" they are advertised.

KoriTamashii

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
You have only yourself to blame. Do the research before purchase.
Little blunt way of putting it, but I do agree with this post.

If you're going to purchase a living thing, know what you're getting into BEFORE you bring it home.

Josh1129

Arachnopeon
If you're going to purchase a living thing said:
I also agree with this post. It is a really bad idea to do an impulse buy (especially with T's) unless you have experience with the species. Like stated before OBT is often referred to as (orange bitey thing). That name was not just given to them, they earned it lol.

Falk

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Never trust petstore clerks:)

You should write a bite report, theraphosid bites are interesting to read about.

Blackbeard

Arachnopeon
yeah,she just bit me and i was a little mad, and yes it was my fault. I bought her on impulse, and the pet store clerk sid they were docile.......what a liar.
Hahaha {D this just goes to show how pet stores can be.
I hope you can get over it and learn to love this species for it's temperament.
You just just got thrown into the deep end that's all and I hope you have learned to do your research before you act because you can't expect to rely on a store to do that for you.
The store where I get my supplies is specialized in exotics but there is only one person out of the 5 people who work there who I will take advice from without checking it for myself (and even then).

Last edited: