OBT, premolt? PIC!

darkness_falls8

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hey guys,
I'm pretty sure my OBT is in premolt, it's never molted in my care, i've had it since december. It hasn't eaten for about 3 weeks to a month and it's abdomen is pretty large. the T is about 4-5" Think it's a molt? Duh, probably.;P How much longer do you think before it molts? I'm anxious to find out the sex of it.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Well OBTs web no matter what, so there really is no way to tell when your OBT is gonna molt. Since it stopped eating it might be soon, considering that they always eat. I'm gonna go wtih a couple days to a couple of weeks though.

Taceas

Arachnolord
Old Timer
No clue on the molt, but I think that's the cutest web I've seen. {D

Tunedbeat

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Definitely in pre-molt, keep her hot, 76-85F if you want to speed up the process.

Tunedbeat

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Why do you say definately? I'm not saying your wrong, just curious why your so sure.
I've never seen my OBT's refuse food. Though, re-readin his post, i thought he said 3months not 3weeks. :D .. But, if it has just stopped eatin, at her size she will go a few months before moltin. They usuaully turn really dark orange weeks before the molt.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I've never seen my OBT's refuse food. Though, re-readin his post, i thought he said 3months not 3weeks. :D .. But, if it has just stopped eatin, at her size she will go a few months before moltin. They usuaully turn really dark orange weeks before the molt.
Oh ok, that's the same reason I was going on, but it could just be a fast, unlikely, but not out of the question.

CedrikG

Arachnoking
Old Timer
There can be many reason why a spider stop eating, sometimes it seem's that they just feel like it ... You're P. murinus can be molting in the next week's ''it can take a while before it does, its never the same period of time sometimes its 2 days sometimes its 2 month'', but it certainly can not br in pre molt so its not definitive.

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I was wondering my self if my Murinus is going to molt also because it blocked both of the entrances off with webbing and dirt of one of those brown paper towel holder things it uses for a burrow...So maybe mine is going to molt also...I'm about to go take the crickets out because if he / she is in pre molt then they obviously don't want any food. I love my devil :evil: