Observing T's

Shadrach

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Well sitting here tonight and watching my G. rosea and learning things I never knew were possible with them! Right now she's working on her burrow alot, quite possible for an up comming molt. But the main thing is all in her actions! She gathers up the substrate and picks it up and is carrying it out from under her hide log and webbing it up alot. But wait that's not the amazing thing.....whats so amazing is how she's carrying it......with her pedipalps and fangs! I never knew they used their fangs for anything other than to bite and hold food, not also to carry things such as substrate and things around. Now I realize that T's aren't really the biggest brained of all creatures but I have to admit I think they have more going for them than we give them credit for! But anyway if some of you haven't ever set up an enclosure where you could really watch you T's out in the open then I strongly suggest at least setting up one that you can view all the time! They truly are amazing to watch!

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Originally posted by Shadrach
Well sitting here tonight and watching my G. rosea and learning things I never knew were possible with them! Right now she's working on her burrow alot, quite possible for an up comming molt. But the main thing is all in her actions! She gathers up the substrate and picks it up and is carrying it out from under her hide log and webbing it up alot. But wait that's not the amazing thing.....whats so amazing is how she's carrying it......with her pedipalps and fangs! I never knew they used their fangs for anything other than to bite and hold food, not also to carry things such as substrate and things around. Now I realize that T's aren't really the biggest brained of all creatures but I have to admit I think they have more going for them than we give them credit for! But anyway if some of you haven't ever set up an enclosure where you could really watch you T's out in the open then I strongly suggest at least setting up one that you can view all the time! They truly are amazing to watch!
Your right, they are amazing to watch.
I've seen some of mine move some very large ball of dirt. Sometimes dumping it into their water bowls. I have one that tips over its water bowl every time I fill it.
What are they thinking?

Ernie