Anyone know about the following species:

Nebo whitei
Buthus ''litoralis''
Lurus dufoureus (?)

dennis

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
This site is about the
Nebo whitei. I hope your german is ok :).

I can't find anything about the Buthus ''litoralis''.

I haven't even been able to find anything about the Lurus dufoureus ... I have found out that Lurus is Indonesian for straight or undeviating.

I know I haven't been of too much help, but I hope this still helped you a little :).

Dennis

Reitz

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Sorry this took so long, I've been very busy:

Nebu whitei, from what I understand, is a possibly communal obligate burrower. The venom is painful but not medically significant. I think care in terms of heat/humidity is similar to flat rock, though that's from a questionable source.

Lurus dufoureus is the largest european scorpion. It needs high humidity because, from what I've read, it makes its home near water.

That's all I got. Sorry I couldn't help more (or sooner)

Chris

XOskeletonRED

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
That would be Iurus (member of the Iuridae family Notice the resemblance of names?). Dry climate for this species (60-65% humidity). Be careful with this scorp. Extremely rare in the pet trade and quite a bill, Bill.

adios,
edw. =D

Reitz

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Sorry,

you're right, Edward. My eyesight must be going (L's are starting to look like I's). I'd hate to think that I'm contributing to the mis-identification problem. Thanks for catching my mistake,

Chris

XOskeletonRED

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Chris,
It's not just your eyes. It's everybody's. Comes from staring at the computer screen too long. Speaking of which, It's about time to get offline for me. *lol*

adios,
edw. :D