O. walberghi

Jackson Byars

Arachnopeon
Howdy guys!

I recently got an O. walberghi baby, and she's doing awesome. I know their sting can hurt quite a bit and was wondering just in case I ever did get stung (not planning on it and I don't mess with her enough to, but I like to have my just in case situations covered), would I need a hospital? I believe, as long as I'm not allergic, that I would just take pain meds and ride it out, but correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks!

WeightedAbyss75

Arachnoangel
I believe you are correct. I have never owned one, but they look similar to emp IMO that they have pretty huge claws. Just looking at them, they don't seem like they'd be medically significant at all. Like you said, pain meds and maybe some ice on the sting wound would work well

Rugg the bug man

Arachnoknight
Not even that bad bro.
I got tagged by 1 about 10-12 yrs back hurt for maybe a few hours, didn't need to take anything for the pain. But yeah it's kinda like smashing your finger.

Rugg the bug man

Arachnoknight
@Jackson Byars welcome to the boards and if you got any care questions about these guys I'd be glad to help. Even though I'm more into the hotter species I've had these guys for years and they are 1 of my fav non hot species.

Jackson Byars

Arachnopeon
Thanks y'all! Yeah I'll take any tips, right now she's still in the cup I got her in, but a couple crickets a week, and I keep her temp around low 80s.

Rugg the bug man

Arachnoknight
I use a 3/1 eco earth, sand mix for the substrate. Give it atleast 1"-2" of it till it gets bigger cuz they love to burrow and keep temps between 75-85F with about 50_60% humidity and lightly mist the enclosure every other week. I've had 1 of mine now for about 5-6 years and never had any issues keeping her this way
Good Luck with him/her