O. violaceopes Enclosure Ventilation

LadyVonChimp

Arachnosquire
Just wanted to run this by the hive mind before I rehouse shortly. This is for a 2" O. violaceopes. I used the information I was given before to determine dimensions and the like, but just wanted to double check the ventilation is looking adequate enough for a moisture dependant species, cheers :happy:

20210213_120019.jpg

20210213_120022.jpg

LadyVonChimp

Arachnosquire
Remember- it varies with size of container and level of moisture- your best bet is to try before you own the T. I do that, most don’t IMO.
Yeah, that's true. If the setup I bought it in wasn't so poop i'd consider maybe monitoring this new one for a week to see how it goes but I'm worried about stagnant air flow in the current enclosure.

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
This looks much better than what I think I remember you had before.
It should be fine, I usually do a little more than that, on the safe side for moisture guys. But the row down low with help with ventilation for sure, I might extend those low rows a little longer.

and even with that I had a little mold out break in a moisture dependent Psalmopoeus enclosure, cause it’s so reclusive that it leaves its boli and poop in its burrow with it, I never find any outside...So sometimes you do everything right and they do their thing anyway lol what can you do 🤷‍♂️

LadyVonChimp

Arachnosquire
This looks much better than what I think I remember you had before.
It should be fine, I usually do a little more than that, on the safe side for moisture guys. But the row down low with help with ventilation for sure, I might extend those low rows a little longer.

and even with that I had a little mold out break in a moisture dependent Psalmopoeus enclosure, cause it’s so reclusive that it leaves its boli and poop in its burrow with it, I never find any outside...So sometimes you do everything right and they do their thing anyway lol what can you do 🤷‍♂️
Thanks. Yeah, that other thing I don't think is really fit for purpose for any species to be honest.

Spider's gonna spide.

Speaking of Psalmopoeus, I got a pretty impressive threat posture off of my P. irminia last night. So spicy!

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
Speaking of Psalmopoeus, I got a pretty impressive threat posture off of my P. irminia last night. So spicy!
Lucky you I think I’m over 4months of not seeing more than a few toes.....it’s molted twice amd still haven’t seen how big it is..... it may be time for a rehouse but I just can’t see to tell lol.